New Bids In for Naismith and McCulloch????

According to the ET, Naismith really wants to join us (which has been consistent in all the rumours and news stories) and will give up his cut of the deal, £75,000, if it would help swing things. Still no news on this other mystery club who have made a higher bid than us, but from some of the comments from Jefferies, it looks like our offers have been as poor as rumoured.

According to the ET, Naismith really wants to join us (which has been consistent in all the rumours and news stories) and will give up his cut of the deal, �£75,000, if it would help swing things. Still no news on this other mystery club who have made a higher bid than us, but from some of the comments from Jefferies, it looks like our offers have been as poor as rumoured.

In reading the stories it would appear the mystery club is in England - Celtic are denying they have made a bid - if that is the case there is a good chance that Naismith could be playing at Killie next year because he seems to be adamant that he will not move south at this point of his career.

I would like to see him at Gers as I think he adds decent firepower and can do a job on the left side of midfield too.

It is a a difficult one for Rangers really. Is he a 2 mill player that can bring in a return or is he a 2 mill player who will sit on the bench and be sold on for 300.000 after 2 years. Is he a Kenny Dalgliesh or a Kenny miller. I think 2 mill is maybe taking a chance for an unknown quantity but then Sebo cost 1.8 mill so maybe Naismith is worth 2 mill.

what do you say boyd is worth? just a question

I asked my mate this in the pub last night. We signed Boyd for 400k who is a natural goalscorer but a lazy fuck too. Naismith works harder but won't score you as many goals as Boyd a season so why are Killie wanting almost �£2M more for Naismith than they did for Boyd? :confused:

Our offer has now been withdrawn and Smith has a dig at Killie.

"Kilmarnock have been good enough to make public every aspect of the negotiations and we have withdrawn our offer," said Smith, who has watched in frustration as Rangers increased an initial bid of £440,000, plus add-ons, to an offer of £1.5 m, to meet Kilmarnock's initial valuation.

No, if he doesn't want to go to a certain club, then he can just sit and wait. So if he does really only want to play for us, then its in Killie's interest to sort a deal out to sell him. Otherwise he could wait out his contract and leave on a free, he might have a bad season and his value could drop etc.

what do you say boyd is worth? just a question

That's an interesting one considering how little he's rated by some fans. No doubting we got him on the cheap in the first place as Scottish football's reputation was at an all time low and we were just coming out the other end with young talent starting to come through and the end of Berti Vogts.

I think this is his big season. He's making the right noises about trying to improve his fitness and he played well against the Faroes by putting in a decent shift which was practically unheard of before. I would have 2.5 - 3M in today's market, maybe 4 if he improves this season and continues to bang them in. But only because he's playing in the SPL. If he was scoring that amount in the Championship, he'd be going for double that probably.

Maybe the Naismith deal isn't dead after all. A few people have posted online this afternoon a version of events which I heard last night. Apparently on Wednesday morning we faxed through an offer to Killie which was exactly as they wanted in terms of money (1M + add-ons) and structure. Later that day they came back and said they wanted 1.5M + add-ons at which point we told them to get stuffed.

Apparently Naismith isn't happy at all, which has then led to the stories/rumours coming out about how he really wants to come here.