Press Conference: Gerrard & Goldson | 27 Dec 2019

I feel confident we can win. The result in the cup final was a fluke in a game in which the yahoos were so thoroughly outplayed it had to be uncomfortable for anybody of a non Rangers persuasion to watch.

It's been said that this fluke of a result may be a psychological blow to the team that may stick in their minds but I just don't see it that way. If I were a Rangers player what I would be taking from it with no encouragement from the manger or anybody else is that they can't be so lucky twice.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Playing at their midden is different.  Our record there is an absolute disgrace. 

It's blown up in our faces before but that's just another thing that has to blow up in their faces sometime. We could and should have beat them there at least once last season, maybe this is the time it all comes together since I just feel the momentum has swung in our favour recently.

We have been playing better than them. With some consistency. Our players are beginning to approach peak. Barisic has put his sticky start behind him and has become the player we thought we had bought. Aribo is getting into his stride  Kent looks to be approaching his best too and he is known to turn it on against them. They're terrified of him. We have a striker who can't stop scoring and he will be desperate to prove a point against them.

I would wager our fans are more confident about this than theirs are and with good reason. I suspect that kind of feeling has to filter into their players too. I may be wrong but I just get a feeling our time has come. Get a win tomorrow we're just 2 points behind with a game in hand.

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

We have been playing better than them.

They beat us this month.  We have dropped league points this month and they have won every league match.

We haven't won't at the theatre of shame since October 2010.  

You may be confident but there isn't much statistical evidence to back it up.

If I was Gerrard, I'd tell someone to snap Brown in the first 5 minutes. 

17 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Flukey wins are far better than glorious failures.  

Well I put everything I had to say about it in post #5. That's my take on it. But if you want to be as contrary as possible playing them up while playing us down the night before a game that's your prerogative. Go at it. I take another path.

I have seen them I have seen us. We have played better. Hubz fans said we looked better than them and that must come grudgingly.

But again, if you want to play them up while playing Rangers down the night before a game that is your prerogative. I think I may struggle to see anything more negative about Rangers chances over on kerrydale st. I didn't expect to see it here.

Edited by JFK-1