I'm still mystified as to how we're going to afford his fee given that we've been making such derisory offers all over the shop for other players.

I honestly can't tell you how optimistic and excited I'd be about next season if we signed Cuellar, Faubert, McCulloch, Naismith & DaBeasley.

Let's hope DM pulls the proverbial rabbit out of the hat.

One thing worries me though, we were saying the same last year when PLG came

I think that will be a problem. They may need a settling in period but you would have a few of the new guys being Scots who will know what playing for Rangers is all about.

The good thing is we had Klos, Rae and Prso leaving all whom played bit parts last season with only Prso being a regular if fit, and now we have 8 players in.

Guest RFC1873

I don't reckon any comparison can be made between PLG's signings

and those Walter's planning to bring in!

Tis true we got excited last term. That was regarding a new manager.

This time round it's the player's, most of whom come with some degree

of pedigree.

Bring it on, we welcome the chase.

Jean Claude Darcheville at Murray ParkJEAN-CLAUDE DARCHEVILLE is hoping to be reunited with Julien Faubert in the near future and insists the midfielder would be a sensation at Ibrox should Gers secure his signature.

Walter Smith is tracking the services of the 23-year-old right-sided starlet but such is his quality that demand is high, while Bordeaux are reluctant to let him leave.

Darcheville has watched Faubert, who has two caps for France, develop into a top class player and would relish the chance to link up with him again in Scotland.

The youngster progressed through the youth system at Cannes, following in the footsteps of great French midfielders like Zinadine Zidane, Patrick Viera and most recently Johan Micoud and Jean-Claude believes Faubert will go on to become another established midfielder for his country.Faubert trains with Henry for France

He told Rangers.co.uk: "Julien is a really good player and can bring a lot of quality to the squad here.

"It will be great for us if everything is concluded because he is an excellent midfielder.

"The more players we have of his quality the better and I will enjoy playing alongside him again.

"I speak to Julien everyday about the move and I am sure we can help each other adapt to life in Glasgow.

"I already know all about him as a player but once he arrives he will show everyone else just how good he is on the pitch."

Taken from the official website so i would imagine we are serious about getting this guy.

Quote:

Jean Claude Darcheville at Murray ParkJEAN-CLAUDE DARCHEVILLE is hoping to be reunited with Julien Faubert in the near future and insists the midfielder would be a sensation at Ibrox should Gers secure his signature.

Walter Smith is tracking the services of the 23-year-old right-sided starlet but such is his quality that demand is high, while Bordeaux are reluctant to let him leave.

Darcheville has watched Faubert, who has two caps for France, develop into a top class player and would relish the chance to link up with him again in Scotland.

The youngster progressed through the youth system at Cannes, following in the footsteps of great French midfielders like Zinadine Zidane, Patrick Viera and most recently Johan Micoud and Jean-Claude believes Faubert will go on to become another established midfielder for his country.Faubert trains with Henry for France

He told Rangers.co.uk: "Julien is a really good player and can bring a lot of quality to the squad here.

"It will be great for us if everything is concluded because he is an excellent midfielder.

"The more players we have of his quality the better and I will enjoy playing alongside him again.

"I speak to Julien everyday about the move and I am sure we can help each other adapt to life in Glasgow.

"I already know all about him as a player but once he arrives he will show everyone else just how good he is on the pitch."

Sounds like Faubert has his heart set on a move to Govan.

Sounds like Faubert has his heart set on a move to Govan.

Yes but at �£4m or more it looks like he is out of our league (financially). It sounds like Naismith has his heart set on a move to the Gers aswell and he would only cost approx �£1.5m.

Yes but at �£4m or more it looks like he is out of our league (financially). It sounds like Naismith has his heart set on a move to the Gers aswell and he would only cost approx �£1.5m.

True, but I don't see the risk in this as an investment. He is 23 year old French International. If he is as good as everyone says we will get a good return on him ala Boumsong.

We need to move swiftly though before Roma progress in negotiations.

But on the other hand, maybe we do have the money? Was the problem with the Scott Brown deal, not so much the price, but the personal terms that Celtic were offering?

Maybe we are also in pole from the player's point of view as there will be a few of his countrymen here and it will leave him well placed if he wants a move to the premiership in terms of speaking the language and stuff.

Trying so hard to be optimistic.

Guest burnbankblue
Yes but at £4m or more it looks like he is out of our league (financially). It sounds like Naismith has his heart set on a move to the Gers aswell and he would only cost approx £1.5m.

I disagree if C****c can afford 4M for Brown, Rangers can afford 4M for Faubert.