• Filip Helander
    • Borna Barisic
    • Ryan Jack
    • Glen Kamara
    • Joe Aribo
    • Scott Arfield
    • Ryan Kent
    • Alfredo Morelos

A first vote of the season from me for big Goldson, I thought he was excellent yesterday and just shaded his centre-back partner, which is the first time this season I thought he was the better of the 2 CB's. I generally think Goldson is the 4th best of our CB's, but more performances like yesterday and that will change quickly. His understanding with the superior Helander is developing very well for us, which is unfortunate for Katic and Edmundson, but great for our club, especially with the games coming up before the end of 2019, as we will need both on top form if we are to achieve what we want to over the next 7 weeks.

I reckon the main reason that the central defenders are featuring so much in these MotM threads of late is the semi-settled and effective combination currently in possession of the jerseys. Hopefully it can stay that way next month.

Mention in dispatches for Barisic, especially for that pass (assist) to Morelos. It's not the first time those two have combined in the same way, IIRC one of those inswinging long balls up the touchline and behind the defender paid dividends up in Aberdeen last season, in our 2-4 victory.

Kamara gets my vote though. Made a a bad mistake early doors that wasn't punished but went on to be very tidy and fluid considering the surface and space available. Good to see another midfielder carry some of the weight yesterday.

Edited by buster.

Goldson and Helander looked good but I didn't think they were under any pressure which is why I didn't vote for them.  For me it was between Kamara, Aribo and Kent.  This was the toughest one for a while. 

5 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

A first vote of the season from me for big Goldson, I thought he was excellent yesterday and just shaded his centre-back partner, which is the first time this season I thought he was the better of the 2 CB's. I generally think Goldson is the 4th best of our CB's, but more performances like yesterday and that will change quickly. His understanding with the superior Helander is developing very well for us, which is unfortunate for Katic and Edmundson, but great for our club, especially with the games coming up before the end of 2019, as we will need both on top form if we are to achieve what we want to over the next 7 weeks.

?