Naismith rules out England

So its a straight fight between us and them...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/k/kilmarnock/6735795.stm

i don't think killie actually want to sell him to celtic because they know he'll be wasted sitting on the bench when you have a hell of alot of strikers wanting a game, unhappy players = unhappy camp. i do however think if we stump up the full money then the boy is ours.

No doubt Naismith is a great talent but if we want him we need to make a move for him instead of sitting back letting Celtic making the offers. Eventually Naismth will say if there not coming in for me may as well sign for timmy

Heard stories that the Killie chairman isn't trying to spark an auction.

How stupid does he think we are? Of course he is.

I remember him saying an unknown English side put a bid of �£1.4m plus add ons. I think he lets slip here a little. Look at this quote from him i got from SportingLife.com

Johnston, however, denied instigating a bidding war for Naismith, insisting: "I disagree emphatically with the suggestion that I am conducting a public auction.

"Rangers are the only club so far to have made a formal offer.

"But the first indication of that offer did not come from Kilmarnock.

"It was leaked to the press that Rangers had made a bid. At no time have we invited offers or sought to up the ante by circulating rumours.

"We are happy not to have any contact from any club.

"We are not inviting bids and we have not asked for them

Celtic being reportedly interested has me thinking Celtic are just trying to up the price so we spend more on our budget. They don't need another striker. And if the likes of Beattie and Miller are for the off. Celtic ought to sell first