Gers Beat TNS In Friendly

1 minute ago, JohnMc said:

Yes, I worry his work ethic might not be enough to compensate for any lack of ability. He's an athletic big lad, in theory at least he should be able to break with speed, but I agree you need a bit more than that. We'll see what happens in the coming weeks. 

It might be wishful thinking but I was always tend to think that a successful Rangers team needs several hard grafting Scottish players, who know what it is all about and have enough quality to fit in.

McCall and Ian Ferguson come to mind

I look at Docherty and McCrorie and hope they can make it at Ibrox.

6 hours ago, buster. said:

It might be wishful thinking but I was always tend to think that a successful Rangers team needs several hard grafting Scottish players, who know what it is all about and have enough quality to fit in.

McCall and Ian Ferguson come to mind

I look at Docherty and McCrorie and hope they can make it at Ibrox.

Docherty has good strength and pace, and his passing is actually really good whenever he picks his head up.  However he has a bad habit of running with his head down.  Kids are taught these days to run without looking a thing the ball, and need to be able to demonstrate this by the age of 14.  He has obviously progressed despite this problem.  I hope it's a skill that can be developed by our coaching team because in my opinion it's all that's stopping him from making it to the next level.