Scotland squad a bit thin

I think Hutton will get some sort of game tonight. Im all for bringing in the inform players but im against placing them in the starting eleven straight away. I always prefer players to make their debuts as substitutes in friendlies.

I think Hutton will get some sort of game tonight. Im all for bringing in the inform players but im against placing them in the starting eleven straight away. I always prefer players to make their debuts as substitutes in friendlies.

Thats coz you ARE Alex McLeish or his best mate :)

Sorry but horseshit - Weir wouldnt be making his debut tonight so why is Christian "I havent played all season" Dailly playing ahead of Weir?

And Hutton should be playing handsdown!!!

Thats coz you ARE Alex McLeish or his best mate :)

Sorry but horseshit - Weir wouldnt be making his debut tonight so why is Christian "I havent played all season" Dailly playing ahead of Weir?

And Hutton should be playing handsdown!!!

To be fair it could be that Dailly is getting match practice in case he needs to be called upon. Weir will start in the Euro qualifier but given the squad is thin why play Weir in a friendly tonight and run the risk of him getting injured ? Makes no sense.

As for Hutton, I agree with you Gribz - I think he should play the full 90 tonight - a friendly is the proper place to bring inexperienced players into the international arena. We know what Alexander can do, so why not lets see what Hutton can do - and I dont think 45 mins as a sub is sufficient.

To be fair it could be that Dailly is getting match practice in case he needs to be called upon. Weir will start in the Euro qualifier but given the squad is thin why play Weir in a friendly tonight and run the risk of him getting injured ? Makes no sense.

Then why not play Anderson. We know what Dailly can or cant do

because he is injured

Ok fair enough.

So he rests Weir incase of injury but why play Ferguson, Fletcher, Naysmith, Hartley and both our only 2 fit strikers?? Surely they should be rested also?

I don't think Dailly should be anywhere near the Scotland squad nowadays. Never really rated him. I think Hutton definitely deserves a chance, but I agree that it could be a bit soon to throw him in from the start, but if you don't try you'll never know. Eckk wasn't exactly renowned for emperimenting at Ibrox though:)

Defo Hutton should be starting the game tonight,it is a friendly,and what if Alexander gets injured before the Faros game, Hutton will get thrown in at the deep end, better to play tonight and be ready for next week if needed IMO