Scotland squad a bit thin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/6696543.stm

Miller, Beattie, McFadden and Pressley all drop out, but only Dailly called up!! :confused:

Thats 3 strikers dropping out so id assume a striker should have been called up!! We only have Boyd and O Connor IIRC, as McCulloch will be playing left as McFadden is out.

Surely Naismith, Riordan or even Dickov should have been called up even just to give them a bit of experience travelling with the squad to Austria. I know its the Faroes after the Austria friendly but its still a must win game.

Naismith and Riordan should be called up for this game. You will probably see this line up for the Faroe Islands game

_____________Gordon________________

Hutton_____Weir_____McManus____Naysmith

Brown_____Fletcher____Ferguson___McCulloch

___________Boyd_______O'Conner__________

Naismith and Riordan should be called up for this game. You will probably see this line up for the Faroe Islands game

Hutton_____Weir_____McManus____Naismith

___________Boyd_______O'Conner__________

I hope you made a spelling mistake there and meant Evertons Naysmith at LB and its not one of your wild fantasies and your suggesting Killies Naismith at LB. :uzi:

Ha Ha well you never know, its against the Faroe Islands so maybe we should put Boyd in defense with big Davie up front etc. Anyway changed it, a think the line up i posted is looking not to bad but we dont have any one in that line up who is good at set pieces ( Ferguson maybe) so Charlie boy might get shoved in there

Ha Ha well you never know, its against the Faroe Islands so maybe we should put Boyd in defense with big Davie up front etc. Anyway changed it, a think the line up i posted is looking not to bad but we dont have any one in that line up who is good at set pieces ( Ferguson maybe) so Charlie boy might get shoved in there

Yeah id go with your team for the Faroes game, its a strong looking midfield and Brown and Fletcher can swap over. We should really be winning that by 3 or 4 goals.

I hope a weakened team plays against Austria and that XI come on with around 30 mins to go.

I think Hutton has to play at Rb for the game because he is the only RB that will get up and down the wing and support either Brown or Fletcher. If Hutton does start i think he will have a great game, once we go a few goals up he normally gets a wee bit of show boating going. Anyway is the Faroes game next Wednesday ???

Hutton_____Weir_____McManus____Naysmith

___________Boyd_______O'Connor__________

Good team. I don't rate McManus and would rather have Anderson there, but he is obviously not rated at international level and will have to settle for a back up place.