Morelos backed to reach the top by Spurs ace Sanchez

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE finalist Davinson Sanchez has backed Colombian pal Alfredo Morelos to control his fiery temper and play at the top level.

Rangers striker Morelos has failed to win a place in Carlos Queiroz’s Copa America squad, despite netting 30 goals this season.

Tottenham defender Sanchez came through the Colombian youth ranks with Morelos

And he has urged his old mate to screw the head before it’s too late.

Sanchez, preparing for Spurs’ final with Liverpool in Madrid, said: “Alfredo is a good guy. He is doing really well and he scored a lot of goals last season.

“We are friends. We played a lot of games together from a young age.

“We played from under-15 to under-20, right through to the main squad.

“He’s only human and it can be that he makes mistakes, but the most important thing is that he can improve on this.

“Can he reach the top level? Yeah, yeah, everyone can.

“When you are playing, you have to be ready to go to the best and reach your level.”

Gers slapped a £20million price tag on Morelos earlier in the season.

But his red cards and his failure to make the Colombian squad this summer will make it difficult for the Light Blues to bank that kind of fee.

However Sanchez believes if the 22-year-old remains at Ibrox next season he can show the lessons he has learned from a controversial campaign.

He said: “I don’t know if he will change for another club, but it’s also a case that he can score more and more goals and become better than he is right now for his current club.

“His mentality is going to improve a lot. I will say all the things that have happened in his life are going to be important for him to improve.”

For now, Sanchez has bigger things on his mind than his pal’s disciplinary woes, with the 22-year-old getting ready for the biggest game of his life this weekend

However it is not an entirely new scenario for the £42million centre-back, who is Spurs’ most expensive signing.

He played with Ajax in their Europa League Final defeat to Manchester United two seasons ago and hopes to use the lessons learned to get the better of Liverpool.

Sanchez added: “At Tottenham, I have grown up so quickly and become a better player with World Cup winners like Hugo Lloris and Fernando Llorente around the club. They are huge players for their international teams as well. It’s amazing.

“The most important thing is to take the experiences and use them as quickly as possible to make yourself improve.

“I do have memories from the finals that I played in, like the Europa League Final for Ajax two years ago.

“But I’m a different player from what I was at that time.

“On a personal level, it is so important for me.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4298071/tottenham-davinson-sanchez-rangers-alfredo-morelos-overcome-discipline/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1559119783