McInnes a bullet dodged

5 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

In terms of the reference to Walter Smith, I enjoyed those years a lot, especially because we had two of the best players ever to wear the jersey, but let's be honest the football was dire.  I was obviously delighted that we got to the UEFA cup final, but again there was nothing to be proud of other than the results (which were astonishing).

McInnes has never demonstrated that he is capable of bringing any style of football to us.  Even those games when Aberdeen are playing second division teams they can't produce anything any of us would want to watch on a regular basis.

To the OP, there is no doubt whatsoever that this was a bullet dodged, but I agree with @JohnMc that he would be good for Scotland.  In the majority of those games his team will be up against superior opposition and there's no doubt he is tactically very good at setting his teams up to limit damage.  Furthermore, it means from a selfish point of view that he can deploy these tactics in games I'm unlikely to watch.

The sheep will have enjoyed their two Cup wins against us in Glasgow this season in a relatively similar way to which we enjoyed that UEFA Cup run in 2008.

The other similarity being it most probably won't ever get that good again.