The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

It was not said we are interested in him it was that his agent was touting him to Celtic and us. As Craig hints at Southampton will probably be looking for most of the 8 million they paid for him. I doubt we are even considering it.

1 hour ago, craig said:

How would we afford him ?

If you listen to the pod the finances of the deal, how it's structured, the dates and points of repayment and how amortisation will play a part are all explained in forensic detail. It's a chartered accountants wet dream to be quite frank... It's mainly me who has the inside track, the others are just there for colour. 

1 hour ago, JohnMc said:

If you listen to the pod the finances of the deal, how it's structured, the dates and points of repayment and how amortisation will play a part are all explained in forensic detail. It's a chartered accountants wet dream to be quite frank... It's mainly me who has the inside track, the others are just there for colour. 

I simply don't have the time to listen to the pod, much as though I would like to.

Amortisation has no bearing on cash, so not sure how that would help the funding of any deal.

Just as well I am an accountant then :ninja::D

1 hour ago, craig said:

I simply don't have the time to listen to the pod, much as though I would like to.

Amortisation has no bearing on cash, so not sure how that would help the funding of any deal.

You fell for that one Craig.  He's kidding of course!

12 hours ago, craig said:

Apologies Craig, I was trying to be funny. There was no talk of finance or how we could afford it, I just made that bit up. 4Lads explained he understood Armstrong was being offered to clubs, ours included, rather than it being someone we were actively pursuing. 

And for the avoidance of doubt I don't have the inside track, I'm only on to make the others sound good. 

6 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

Apologies Craig, I was trying to be funny. There was no talk of finance or how we could afford it, I just made that bit up. 4Lads explained he understood Armstrong was being offered to clubs, ours included, rather than it being someone we were actively pursuing. 

And for the avoidance of doubt I don't have the inside track, I'm only on to make the others sound good. 

TBF, you teed up the obesity gag very well :thup: