[FT] Aberdeen 1 - 1 Rangers (Worrall 48)

The sheep got away with a lot from the ref today but still claiming that he was bias in our favour. And that after a suspect penalty. I don’t think Goldson even knew he was there.

That was a very obvious penalty.  If you trip someone up who is running onto the ball, it's a definite penalty.   Whether you know they're there or not is neither here nor there.

The referee was poor today but he got the penalty spot on.

The problem is managers like McInnes know how to set up against us because we're too predictable and lack a creative cutting edge.

Unusually for these matches, it was a pretty tame start, with both sides really failing to do anything in the advanced areas, but with eight minutes showing on the clock, a rash challenge from Connor Goldson in the box brought down Gary Mackay-Steven for a penalty to the home side.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/match-report/aberdeen-1-1-rangers-6/

Maybe I need to see it a few times in slow-mo again, but as far as I remember, Goldson was looking at the ball alone and GMS sneaked in at the right time when Goldson was kicking the ball away. From behind Goldson that is. Super clever done by GMS, but sure no rash challenge by Goldson?!

Edited by der Berliner

3 hours ago, der Berliner said:

https://rangers.co.uk/news/match-report/aberdeen-1-1-rangers-6/

Maybe I need to see it a few times in slow-mo again, but as far as I remember, Goldson was looking at the ball alone and GMS sneaked in at the right time when Goldson was kicking the ball away. From behind Goldson that is. Super clever done by GMS, but sure no rash challenge by Goldson?!

It's what I thought so hope injury to McKay-Stevens is not minimal.On BBC report of game the reporter(Lyall) i think said that Goldson clattered into him and at penalty McGregor was weak in his attempt,when I first read it I thought it was McLaughlin repoting.

I'm paraphrasing but just prior to kick off the commentator said something like "This is an intense rivalry felt deeply by both clubs.".

What a lot of rot.  Aberdeen are just another diddy club.