George Byers

Can’t say I’ve heard of him.

SWANSEA youngster George Byers has admitted that he dreams of playing for Rangers.

Byers, 22, has represented Scotland at youth level and was a boyhood fan of the Ibrox side.

And he has admitted that a move north of the border to play for Steven Gerrard's side would be an offer he couldn't refuse.

“My grandpa used to work at Ibrox. He did the tours of the stadium and worked on a gate.

“It’s always been Rangers for me, since I was a wee boy. My dad drilled it into me.

“Any chance I get to go up to Ibrox, I go. It hasn’t been great in the past few seasons but things are improving now.

“If Rangers ever came in for me, I’d jump at it. They wouldn’t even need to ask the question.

“Not many people get to play for their boyhood club. So it’s one of my dreams – to play for Rangers.

“If the opportunity came up, especially now under a guy like Gerrard, it would be something else.”

Whatever this young man's future might hold, I thank him for such a public expression of support for our club. Too many shrink from admitting allegiance to Rangers, so it's nice when someone does.