[FT] Hamilton 0 - 5 Rangers (Jack 16; Defoe 17; Arfield 24; Tavernier 44pen; Lafferty 88)

10 minutes ago, compo said:

Keep the goals coming and the good performances on the park and we wont be far away from another league title,.

I think we need to beat Celtic home and away for that - which is not impossible - but unlikely.

The league is theirs to lose, but if we can continue playing as we did yesterday we will be setting ourselves up very nicely for next season.  3 players that started yesterday were loanees (Defoe, Worrall & Kent) - we should have Defoe for another season and Worrall would be easily enough replaced IMO - though he was comfortable again yesterday.  Kent would, IMO, be difficult to replace but that still gives us a solid nucleus of a squad to compete next year.

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

I never said he was! I said he set Arfield up for his first strike before he scored!!

Calm down I just misunderstood you because we had been talking about assists. 

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

I know I the management and the majority of fans want Kent signed permanent , which would disappoint you if that happened it seems?

We don't that know for sure, they probably don't themselves until the transfer window comes and they see what options are out there. Whether I would be disappointed or not would depend on how much of our budget we spent on him and partially how Grezda does for the rest of the season. With Murphy returning too it's probably not an area of the team I'd want to throw a few million at.

17 minutes ago, craig said:

Doesn’t look as dangerous :thup:

Fixed that for you ? I feel Kent flatters to deceive, works hard and looks like he’s unplayable but then when you look at output only he performs poorly consistently. Murphy the opposite, gets a lot of criticism from the fans but actually produces quality assists and finishes quite consistently. That just basically how I see it. 

Edited by DMAA

18 minutes ago, pete said:

Scores far more.:thup:?

You sure about that ? 

Murphy - 24 appearances for Rangers, 6 goals

Kent - 27 appearances for Rangers, 5 goals

EDITED 

Taken from wiki so I take no responsibility for the accuracy of the numbers.

I think we will just have to accept he is a marmite player - but there is so much more to his game than just "goals and assists".  He often is the one true attacking spark that at least has some creativity in him - he can go past players easily, something Candeias doesn't do - and I am a big fan of Candeais too.  But to ignore the other elements to his game in favour of just goals and stats is to ignore what he brings to the team.

7 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Fixed that for you ? I feel Kent flatters to deceive, works hard and looks like he’s unplayable but then when you look at output only he performs poorly consistently. Murphy the opposite, gets a lot of criticism from the fans but actually produces quality assists and finishes quite consistently. That just basically how I see it. 

Sorry, but I'm just not having the "performs poorly consistently" - that is absolutely ignoring everything that the lad brings to the team.  He HAS been unplayable recently and it is his unplayability which opens up space for others.

We will have to agree to disagree if you think Kent "performs poorly consistently".

1 hour ago, craig said:

I think we need to beat Celtic home and away for that - which is not impossible - but unlikely.

The league is theirs to lose, but if we can continue playing as we did yesterday we will be setting ourselves up very nicely for next season.  3 players that started yesterday were loanees (Defoe, Worrall & Kent) - we should have Defoe for another season and Worrall would be easily enough replaced IMO - though he was comfortable again yesterday.  Kent would, IMO, be difficult to replace but that still gives us a solid nucleus of a squad to compete next year.

After watching Leicester win the premier league I would anything is possible in football. 

59 minutes ago, craig said:

Sorry, but I'm just not having the "performs poorly consistently" - that is absolutely ignoring everything that the lad brings to the team.  He HAS been unplayable recently and it is his unplayability which opens up space for others.

We will have to agree to disagree if you think Kent "performs poorly consistently".

No no that’s not what I said. 

“..works hard and looks like he’s unplayable but then when you look at output only he performs poorly consistently”

By output I mean mainly goals and assists and clear cut chances created. I’ve agreed that he brings plenty to the team.