St Pat's Want Foreign Refs

20 hours ago, craig said:

Quite the contrary in my opinion.

I think what they are trying to do is counter our statement in a very subtle way.  We say we are being treated differently - and the example of Morelos in the OF game is used, quite rightly, for "trial by Sportscene".  We know that Rangers are being treated unfairly.

What Celtic are trying to do, IMHO, is , by being the club to suggest foreign refs, is effectively saying "we think refs are unfairly biased against Celtic, so lets get impartial biased refs in".  They will coat it as being an improvement in officiating which, lets be honest, they don't actually want because currently they get more than their fair share of positive officiating.  They know that the whole "foreign refs" thing wont happen (they don't actually want it anyway) so they get exactly what they want, which is a) to portray they are the victims of poor officiating and b) receiving the continual benefit of poor officiating.

Lawwell may be a dick, but he's very smart with it !

How can you have an 'impartial biased ref'?

47 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

How can you have an 'impartial biased ref'?

It's what Celtic want - the illusion of impartiality but the reality of being biased towards them.

I probably didn't word it very clearly.

1 hour ago, buster. said:

Breaking

A Foreign referee, Deniz Aytekin from Germany  has just sent off a sellick player (and booked broon).

:clap:

........:seal:

Must have been a Mason/Protestant/Rangers supporting ref allowing a perfectly goal as well.:party:

6 hours ago, craig said:

It's what Celtic want - the illusion of impartiality but the reality of being biased towards them.

I probably didn't word it very clearly.

Aye, it’s a very good point you make Craig. On another note they are shownup continually in Europe where officials have no fear of reprimanding them.