Ryan Hardie happy to stay on loan at Livingston

Rangers ace Ryan Hardie happy to stay on loan at Livingston as he has yet to be told whether he’ll be recalled to Ibrox next month

The in-form striker netted his fourth goal in three games at the weekend and while his loan is due to end next month, he would be happy to remain in West Lothian

RYAN HARDIE admits he still doesn’t know if he’ll be recalled by Rangers next month.

The in-form Livingston hitman netted his fourth goal in three games since returning from a lengthy injury lay-off.

Gers and Livi are in talks, with Gary Holt desperate to keep the loan striker for the rest of the season.

Hardie, 21, admits he will happily stay in West Lothian.

He said: “There are still discussions to be had.

"I’m here until January for now and there was an option to extend, so we are just going through the process and seeing what is best for me.

“I want to play as many games as I can. I want to be playing and scoring goals, whether that’s at Rangers or Livingston, I don’t mind.

“I haven’t spoken to Steven Gerrard since I came here. I have just been concentrating on doing what I do best and that’s trying to score goals.

“I have a contract until the end of the season at Rangers, so we will see what happens.

“I’m here to show what I’m worth and I want to prove I can go back there and do a good job for the team.

“I supported Rangers as a boy and I always want them to win every game.

“But I want Livi to win every game and when I am playing all I think about is Livi.”

Hardie admits the winter break will come at the wrong time for him after returning from an ankle injury that sidelined him for eight months.

He said: “It’s been a whirlwind period for me. I’ve had four games in ten days and to get four goals in three starts makes me happy.

“Every time I get a chance I am confident I will score.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3666408/rangers-ryan-hardie-happy-loan-livingston/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1545666826

He's just back from injury and does well at a club against whom teams play differently than against us AND which play almost solely a flat 3-5-2. Is he suited to lead the line in a 4-3-3 against packed defences? Will he actually remove our top striker? Will we (finally) change to a 2-striker line-up? Ask yourself those questions and the answer will come easily enough re his current loan.

i would like to see him get the same chance that kent, coulibaly  and gredza all got .   I havent seen anything in their games to suggest they are going to make us a better team and ive seen enough to know that they are just not good enough..  

9 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

i would like to see him get the same chance that kent, coulibaly  and gredza all got .   I havent seen anything in their games to suggest they are going to make us a better team and ive seen enough to know that they are just not good enough..  

Do you drop Morelos ?

Do you change formation just to get Hardie into the team ?

Do you start parking the bus and playing counter-attack so as to suit Hardie's game ?

Do you bring him back to sit on the bench/ in the stand and then say goodbye in the summer not knowing if he can hack it in the top flight over a number of months ? 

8 hours ago, buster. said:

Do you drop Morelos ?

Do you change formation just to get Hardie into the team ?

Do you start parking the bus and playing counter-attack so as to suit Hardie's game ?

Do you bring him back to sit on the bench/ in the stand and then say goodbye in the summer not knowing if he can hack it in the top flight over a number of months ? 

No need to drop Morelos - he misses enough games through injury and suspension, but we need another option to Lafferty.