Possibly the most entertaining game of the WC so far, but for all the wrong reasons.

It was played in a bad spirit, with a cheating and violent mentality which exploded in the second half, and although the ref was card happy from the off, he didn't give too many yellows I disagreed with.

The Dutch simulation from Kuyt, Robben and Van Persie was verging on scandalous - they deserved to go out with such dishonest play.

Portugal were simply a better team but as the game disintegrated, it turned into a bit of a farce and tempers got the better of both teams with some outrageous confrontations which the ref couldn't control, and neither could anyone else.

The commentary was especially amusing, and although I consider Tyldesley a twat, he's a very funny twat.

Overall, comical and entertaining game, with the huge downside being that Deco will be out of the Engerland game and the likelihood is that Ronaldo will be too.

But even a half strength Portugal should be able to beat England.

Robben was terrible tonight at his diving then turning round and moaning at the ref. Arsehole!

v.Persie was pretty shite to at his diving antics. They really need to cut it out.

Holland are out, probably deservedly so, but this is a perfect example of how a ref can ruin a game. This referee should never be allowed to referee a top class game again. In the 2nd half there was probably 25mins of actual football and 20 mins of play acting. Holland are out and i have no problem with that, they didn't deserve much more, but it really is time for a red card for referees.

that game fair woke me up anyway.

so, ivanov, the ref, has equaled the record for most bookings in a match. 16 bookings(not sure if that includes the 4 reds).

i was totally confused as to had been booked and after every tackle i expected the ref to show another red card.

some of that refs decisions beggared belief. how did he not book maniche for celebrating behind the goal when he was booking people for kicking the ball away or timewaisting etc?

that guy is a joke. i`ve seen him in the champions league but he`s never been as bad as that as far as i can remember.

he`s just made a fool of himself tonight and like graham poll, he`ll NEVER get the final. he`ll be off home now.

infact, that ref totally took over the whole game. it was like he wanted all the limelight or he had a bet on the game..

i`ve never seen a ref as bad a sthat. he even beats some of the scottish refs in terms of how bad he was.

andrew waddle was the worst referee i ever seen. he once sent off ian durrant and graham roberts and gave every other decision against rangers in a match in 1986.

there is virtually nothing to say about the game, and that is rediculous.

one thing i`m elated about though is the fact england get to play portugal though.

with deco and costinha out, and ronaldo maybe out(if not he`ll not be fully fit after that injury), i`m beginning to believe that england can do this after all.

not, that i`ve ever said anything else that they won`t win the world cup, but after 4 poor performances your heart kind of sinks after watching such rubbish.

i can envisage sven playing that 4/5/1 he played today simply because he never conceded a goal and he loves that.

1-0 wins are just as good as 3-1 wins to him.

i`m now looking forward to next saturday against portugal for revenge for beating us in the semis of the euros in 2004

England are being handed this on a fookin' plate.

They are too thats the scary thing. They have only came up against 1 decent side in Sweden and drew with them, now they have Portugal minus there midfield.

I was hoping Holland would nick an equaliser then a winner coz they had more players to play england. No doubt a fully fit Portugal or Holland would of played England off the park.

The 2nd half was good to watch but for the wrong reasons. Im gutted Deco got sent off and he would of been the difference v England.

But in Simao, Tiago, Maniche, Figo, Pauleta and hopefully Ronaldo, they could still have enough.

The Fifa report states that that there was 52mins of actual football. Six mins \added on.:confused: Some fans paid more than 1000 euro's for a ticket. +\- 20 euro's per minute football. A high price to pay i would think.