Rangers-daft Hearts starlet Harry Cochrane always dreamed of playing at Ibrox

Rangers-daft Hearts starlet Harry Cochrane always dreamed of playing at Ibrox as he recalls Champions League night against Barcelona

Teenage sensation Cochrane speaks to SunSport as he lifts the lid on his first footballing memory and players he looks up to

HARRY COCHRANE is one of the hottest prospects in Scottish football.

The 17-year-old burst onto the scene last year and scored in the 4-0 win over Celtic to end their Invincible run.

Cochrane started off his football journey at boyhood club Rangers before leaving their Under-13s to join the Riccarton youth academy.

The exciting midfielder has already played 27 games under Craig Levein and has a huge future ahead of him.

Here, SunSport catches up with the Jambos starlet to find out some of his Tynecastle secrets.

FIRST FOOTBALL MEMORY

When I was at Stonehouse Boys’ Club, I remember going in goal for a game and tipping a penalty on to the post.

I really enjoyed my five seconds of fame — but I never saw myself as a keeper.

The first big game I went to as a supporter was Rangers v Barcelona in the Champions League in 2007.

It ended 0-0 but to see guys like Lionel Messi, Ronaldinho and Thierry Henry in the flesh was an amazing experience. That game has stuck with me.

FAVOURITE PLAYER GROWING UP

Ronaldinho was a bit special but I was an even bigger admirer of his Barcelona team-mate Xavi.

He proved you don’t need pace to be a world-class player. He wasn’t the quickest but was always one step ahead of everyone else in his head.

WHO DO YOU LOOK UP TO AT THE CLUB?

There are plenty of good role models at Hearts just now with guys like Steven Naismith and Christophe Berra.

They always have time for the young players. Aaron Hughes is the player I admire most.

He has been at the top level for more than 20 years and is still going strong.

He is the perfect example of how to conduct yourself on and off the park.

If I can have half as good a career as Aaron I will be delighted. I have already learned so much from him.
BEST STADIUM PLAYED AT AND WHY?

It has to be Ibrox. Growing up a Rangers fan, it was always a dream of mine to play there one day.

The atmosphere was amazing when I went there with Hearts recently. It was just a pity we didn’t win.

WHO PLAYS THE SOUNDS IN THE DRESSING ROOM?

Callumn Morrison sees himself as our pre-match DJ. It is always club classics and house music with a thumping bass. I don’t mind it but not all the lads approve.

WHO WEARS THE WORST GEAR?

It has to be Callumn Morrison again. He has a different tracksuit for every day of the week.

And it always has to be matching bottoms and top. He even wears the same coloured T-shirt.

WHO THINKS THEY SHOULD BE ON LOVE ISLAND?

Marcus Godinho just loves himself. He is always hogging the mirror. Ben Garuccia also fancies himself as a bit of pretty boy.

After training without fail you’ll find him slapping on the product and blow-drying his hair!

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3537159/rangers-harry-cochrane-hearts-barcelona-champions-league/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1543148879

AFAIK he was unfortunate with us in that he was competing with Billy Gilmour for a spot, only ever one winner there.

Has potential but would prefer to see if he shows it consistently at Hearts first !

12 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

He cant get in the hearts team. Talk of rangers is a tad premature 

Plenty good young players not getting near their 1st team, one for the future is what I am talking about.