Rangers loan star Joe Dodoo hailed as ‘phenomenal’

by Blackpool boss after recent goal blitz.

The on loan Gers striker has been in sensational form for the League One side scoring four goals in as many games.

JOE DODOO was hailed as ‘phenomenal’ by Blackpool boss Terry McPhillips after a recent goal blitz.

The Rangers outcast bagged another goal for the League One side as they beat Burton Albion 3-0.

That takes Dodoo’s tally to four goals in as many games and the Seasiders boss was quick to praise the performance of the on loan forward.

He said: “Joe missed a lot of games because we didn’t feel he was doing well enough but he got his chance again, like they’re all going to get a chance again with being part of a squad, and he’s took it with both hands.

“Second-half he was phenomenal.”

Dodoo, 23, initially struggled to cement a place in the starting line-up for Blackpool.

However, the former Leicester City kid was hailed as ‘outstanding’ following a rare start in the FA Cup – scoring once and laying on an assist.

He then scored an early goal of the season contender in a 3-2 win over Accrington Stanley.

The forward flicked the ball up inside the penalty area before pulling off a spectacular bicycle kick into the far left corner.

Dodoo joined Blackpool on loan during the summer transfer window after falling out of favour with the Light Blues – managing only 27 appearances for the club since being signed by Mark Warburton in 2016.

With another year left on his current deal after this season, he is set to return to Ibrox at the end of this loan spell and could yet work his way into current boss Steven Gerrard’s plans.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3537227/rangers-joe-dodoo-blackpool/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1543148956

Like Docherty, I feel he has gone down a level too much to really help him improve his game to the level where he can come bank and be an asset for us. League One down south is absolute garbage. However what it can do is give confidence to an already talented player who just may come back and raise his level on the back of a run of games, goals and assists, and confidence in his own ability.

Good luck to Dodoo who I thought never got a fair chance the last 2 seasons when all around him got plenty of chances and failed.

If Dodoo  could introduce a bit of aggression / nastiness to his game he would have a better chance of realising his undoubted talent! look at Morelos aggression! unfortunately he does not have that in his game so I can't see him getting much better than he is, hope I'm wrong, but doubt it!.

Edited by ian1964

On 25/11/2018 at 19:39, der Berliner said:

Unless I am mistaken, Dodoo is a left winger rather than a real striker like Dodoo. Not that wingers need to be shy or the like either ...

You are, as it happens.

Probably not in the way that you feared though.