Dave King's bid to have contempt of court action dropped rejected

Court ... well, that's the place who let HMRC and Ashley "off the hook" in cases against us ... or rather went in their favour despite all the heinous stuff permitted by the aforementioned because of the letter of the law which is can be as garbled as it suits those people with the best lawyers and Cicero like talkers?  Yep, apples and oranges, but IMHO, King has every right to be disrespectful of certain courts, not least this one, who moved the goalposts and apparently ignored the business facts at hand.

Rangers chairman Dave King has been ordered to pay the legal costs of his attempt to stop a contempt of court action against him............

.........The South African resident's own legal team failed to convince judge Lady Wolffe earlier this week that the contempt action should be stopped because the correct legal procedure hadn't been followed.

On Friday, judges Lord Carloway, Lord Drummond Young and Lord Glennie ruled that King should pay the legal costs incurred in his failed appeal.

The sum has yet to be decided but the judges said that King should pay an extra fee to lawyers because of the "complexity" of the case..........

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/rangers-chairman-dave-king-ordered-13600313

-------------------

If I were a betting man I'd say DK will eventually be found to be in contempt but then that would be like me having a bet on womens football in Burma !

23 hours ago, der Berliner said:

but IMHO, King has every right to be disrespectful of certain courts, not least this one, who moved the goalposts and apparently ignored the business facts at hand.

The law on the issue was clear to everyone else but King seems to think he is above the law.

The law isn't a pick and choose when you feel like it..

7 hours ago, Bluedell said:

The law on the issue was clear to everyone else but King seems to think he is above the law.

The law isn't a pick and choose when you feel like it..

The TP rules and regulations are clear, and he broke them.  However, that's what then resulted in him being ordered by the TP to perform a number of actions.  It's then equally clear that they did move the goalposts, and that's what the contempt issue relates to.  He can have no complaints about punishment for breaching TP rules, but has every right to fight the ludicrous contempt claim.  The TP reps should be carpeted for making a mess of the way they've handled it.  I don't know if he will win his case or not, but I'd be fighting this if I was him.

Edited by Gaffer

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Bluedell, I was pointing at the stuff Gaffer put into words. I for one doubt that King thinks he's above the law, but he sure tests its limits.

Not very successfully as I can't remember him winning a case yet.