Loan Review #13

Other than Greg Docherty I’m not sure any of the loanees are benefitting much.

I’m not convinced the younger players will learn much at clubs at the bottom of the Scottish Championship. If they don’t achieve anything there what’s next for them?

And it seems some of these loans are also an attempt to get rid off players we no longer want but the clubs they’re at wouldnt be willing to meet the wages we’re paying them let alone a transfer fee.

53 minutes ago, Frankie said:

He's been injured for a couple of months.

He was injured at the end of last season.

He next appeared at the end of September for 12 minutes as a sub and hasn't featured since. 

Do you know if this latest injury is new or a complication from the previous ?

15 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Other than Greg Docherty I’m not sure any of the loanees are benefitting much.

I’m not convinced the younger players will learn much at clubs at the bottom of the Scottish Championship. If they don’t achieve anything there what’s next for them?

And it seems some of these loans are also an attempt to get rid off players we no longer want but the clubs they’re at wouldnt be willing to meet the wages we’re paying them let alone a transfer fee.

I don't think we are expecting much from anyone other than Docherty and a couple of the Academy players.

I'd be happy enough if out of them all, Docherty proved to be the real deal and one academy player developed into a first team player.

31 minutes ago, buster. said:

He was injured at the end of last season.

He next appeared at the end of September for 12 minutes as a sub and hasn't featured since. 

Do you know if this latest injury is new or a complication from the previous ?

No idea I'm afraid but it's a shame he's struggling.

37 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I think Rudden's been doing quite well, has he not?

4 goals in 8 games, for an 18 year-old, at the bottom end of the Championship, is good going. 

Numbers are ok, considering.

He has played in 67% of Falkirks League campaign and scored 57% of their goals.

1 goal every 198 minutes isn't brilliant but Falkirk have been poor and we don't really know how Rudden has been playing.

Falkirk as a team have scored a goal every 167 minutes.

Scott Dobbie has scored 1 every 90 minutes.

Zak is only 18..... (just over 3 years younger than Ryan Hardie)

He needs to really kick-on and improve in these next 18 months and he may have a chance to breakthrough with us.

----------------------

Greg Docherty and Shrewsbury have an FA Cup tie today against 'high-flyin' non leaguers, Salford.

Edited by buster.