Liverpool fans drool over Kent

7 hours ago, pete said:

Bad years in Germany. Failure at Chelsea. Failure at Ajax but go on rewrite history.

Sure lets rewrite history. 

Bayern MunichEdit

Laudrup's great performances in the Bundesliga and for Denmark attracted Bayern Munich for his signature, who purchased him for a DM6 million transfer fee in May 1990, making him the most expensive Bundesliga player at the time.[15] In his first season, Laudrup scored 9 goals in 33 games as the club finished in second place. Laudrup was also part of the Bayern squad that reached the semi-final of the 1990–91 European Cup.

Laudrup was highly rated among the experts, but he was also very popular in large parts of the German population. In a vote that gave kicker-readers the opportunity to choose their favourite players at individual places and the most popular player, known as "das Idol '90", was won by Laudrup with four times as many votes as Klaus Allofs in second place.[16] By a vote of Sport Bild that 156,000 readers participated in, he received 24,245 votes and was elected the fourth best performer out of 900 candidates among German legionnaires abroad and all players in the 1. and 2. Bundesliga. Only the popular world champions Andreas Brehme, Lothar Matthäusand Rudi Völler received more votes. Laudrup finished ahead of high-profile stars like Thomas Häßler, Jürgen Klinsmann, Andreas Möller, Thomas Doll, Jürgen Kohler, Karl-Heinz Riedle and Matthias Sammer, and so entirely on Bundesliga players, Laudrup took first place.[17]

Laudrup was a consistent performer in his first five matches of the 1991–92 season [18]but suffered a cruciate ligament injury in his right knee in August 1991.[19] Laudrup watched from the stands as the team collapsed in a disastrous season. In December 1991, Laudrup said new Bayern executives Franz Beckenbauer and Karl-Heinz Rummenigge were creating chaos in the team through their public criticism of the younger Bayern players.[20] He returned to the team in February 1992 and played the last 15 matches of the season as Bayern finished in tenth position. Despite the injury-hit season, Laudrup still finished the 1991–92 season being named Danish Player of the Year again for the second time, and finished fifth in the FIFA World Player of the year poll.

As I knew he had a good year at Bayern and then a bad season and was sold on to Italy. The rest changes nothing on what I said. I know saying bad about laudrup is a no,no but the fact is apart for 1 good year at Bayern then his time at Rangers was his only real big time success at club level. If you want to talk about a world class Laudrup then I am afraid you will have to talk about Michael his brother. Brian was only world class in Scotland.

Only on a Rangers forum could you find a thread about a current young loan player morphing into an argument about a former player's spell on the continent 25 years ago.  

?

Edited by Gonzo79

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

Im going to guess byern didnt make him the most expensive player in germany after he played shite in the bundesligua. 

Stop talking shite

You are the one guessing and trying to rewrite history. He had 2 years at Bayern. One good and one bad where he got a lot of criticism and was punted. He hardly got a game for AC . You are dodging Chelsea and Ajax so I am afraid it is you that is talking *****.

As good as Kent is, I think young Middleton is every bit as good, potentially.

If Kent hadn't been doing as well as he is I think we might have seen Middleton get more game time?.

Loan players are good as long they do the business, and Kent is doing the business, however I do wonder if Middleton is being held back slightly due to this?.

18 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

If Kent hadn't been doing as well as he is I think we might have seen Middleton get more game time?.

Loan players are good as long they do the business, and Kent is doing the business, however I do wonder if Middleton is being held back slightly due to this?.

He is only 18 or 19 so normally he wouldn't be near the first team. Giving him the whole experience and some game time as well will bring him on. Is he still playing for the reserves if he doesn't get game time?

21 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Perhaps so but we find ourselves in a situation where every point is precious  thus forced to go with what appears to be the most effective option rather than possible potential.

Hopefully Kent becomes ours too but currently that's debatable. Every good performance and quality goal such as the one he hit on Sunday could increase his value to the point he's beyond our range.  

20 minutes ago, pete said:

He is only 18 or 19 so normally he wouldn't be near the first team. Giving him the whole experience and some game time as well will bring him on. Is he still playing for the reserves if he doesn't get game time?

Normally yes, however I believe the old cliche "if your good enough your old enough" is true in this case.

He has the physicality to play 1st team football as well as the talent.

I am not complaining as such because Kent is deserving to play because of his performances.

I just think if we didn't have Kent we might just be seeing more of Middleton.

As it stands we have a good player playing well in Kent.

Not sure if he is playing reserve football?.

All in we have one good young player keeping another out