Another Bosman Signs - Jean Claude Darcheville

Ugh.. I remember him looking like an absolute clown at Forest.

I was furious when we were being linked with him under Eck.

That was just after his girlfriend and two kids were killed in a crash. Acceptable circumstances i would think :(

Guest jezzy

will be intresting to see what he can offer but i hope we can do better than this for signings this summer cause another summer of crap bosmans is not what we need

You could buy the most expensive player in the world, doesn't mean to say he's gonna get used to the spl style, got to give the guy time. I just hope none of the fans take the piss out of JCD.

welcome a board

Bit of a silly comment to suggest people would think like that, pure timmy mentality :rolleyes:

Rangers signing Jean-Claude Darcheville believes his pace will help him exploit Scottish defences.

The club announced on Wednesday the Frenchman had signed a two-year contract on a Bosman free transfer from Bordeaux.

And the 31-year-old feels he can thrive in the open nature of the Scottish Premier League.

Darcheville told the Daily Record: "At this stage of your career you worry about the future but I stopped worrying the minute Rangers showed interest.

"They are a big club. I've always known that and they fit perfectly into my career plan.

"I always said I wanted to finish off playing in a foreign league and I can't think of any better place than at Rangers.

"They play in front of a full stadium every second week with 50,000 passionate fans, they are a famous club and they play in a league that allows much more open football.

"I'm the sort of player who thrives on space with my pace and I believe Scottish football and Rangers can suit me perfectly.

"They are a club with a lot of ambition and I want to help fulfil their expectations.

"I'm sure I'll settle in Scotland. People ask about the climate in the winter but I've been to Britain before with Nottingham Forest and I'm sure the weather's the same all over the country. I can handle it."

Well he's not short of confidence, not exactly a bad thing! :)

"I'm the sort of player who thrives on space with my pace and I believe Scottish football and Rangers can suit me perfectly."

You've came to the wrong club then mate. Wait till you play the likes of Dunfermline, Killie, Motherwell etc at Ibrox. There is no space to run into!

The guy looks like he just gets the ball and runs at the defence at speed. Something we've been lacking since.........god knows! Novo can do it at times but can be clumsy. Prso didn't have an ounce of speed on him (junkie), Sebo still has to find his form although it seems to be on the horizon and Boyd, well, I could run backwards faster than him.