PRESS CONFERENCE | Steven Gerrard | 24 Aug 2018

29 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I have to be 100% honest. When SG came on board I had reservations about the appointment. Like all managerial appointments it was a gamble and given what had happened over the previous 2 seasons, it was a huge gamble. I had also made an "assessment" about the Stevie G the man. In my eyes I considered him a bit of a "wide boy" with talented playing CV and maybe not suited to management and especially not suited to Rangers. It's early days but I'm genuinely glad that I was wrong on so many levels. I find his press conferences and interviews (and the way he conducts himself in general) refreshingly honest, informative and forthright. Take a bow Stevie. I'm more than impressed

I could have wrote that as it was my thoughts exactly.

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I have to be 100% honest. When SG came on board I had reservations about the appointment. Like all managerial appointments it was a gamble and given what had happened over the previous 2 seasons, it was a huge gamble. I had also made an "assessment" about the Stevie G the man. In my eyes I considered him a bit of a "wide boy" with talented playing CV and maybe not suited to management and especially not suited to Rangers. It's early days but I'm genuinely glad that I was wrong on so many levels. I find his press conferences and interviews (and the way he conducts himself in general) refreshingly honest, informative and forthright. Take a bow Stevie. I'm more than impressed

A duck to water

The media are genuinely 'scared' of him.......in that they know he'll swat them aside with ease if they come out with cr@p but at the sametime he is very approachable and open.

It's like watching a game of chess where one player is 2 or 3 moves ahead of his opponent.

----------------------

Sounds like we won't see Coulibaly until after the International break.

Edited by buster.

1 minute ago, buster. said:

Sounds like we won't see Coulibaly until after the International break.

Disappointing, considering the three matches coming up.  Although Jack is playing well and Ejaria seems to be improving all the time.

Edited by Gonzo79

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

Disappointing, considering the three matches coming up.  Although Jack is playing well and Ejaria seems to be improving all the time.

I'd rest Jack on Sunday.

We badly need him to be at full throttle for Russia.