Aberdeen 1 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 30pen)

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Gerrard has seen what we have to deal with within 90 mins.  

Hopefully the English press report it.  The Scottish press are vermin.

Sky news not saying anything. They won’t as they are in bed with their Sky colleagues in Ireland and have a love in with the mhanks. I am actually hoping if anything that BBC London might pick it up? Can’t see anyone else doing it? They don’t care and most know it’s corrupt up here. They want nothing to do with it.

IMO we are overdoing the officials angle today.

Sometimes games happen that justify it, eg. first Hibs game at Ibrox last season with Stokes/Beaton playing a starring role.

But I don't think today does.

Edited by buster.

Law 12 re Morelos red card. 

“VIOLENT CONDUCT

Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.”

If Morelos is violent conduct then May is GBH. Even if Morelos has made contact it would have been nothing more than a petulant tap. What is disturbing is the lack of real consultation between the 2 officials. Any sensible discussion would have led to a yellow at worst. 

What is also disturbing is that no other player will get sent off in Scotland for this type of action this season but it will happen a dozen times at least. 

I was really looking forwards to this game, settled done to watch it and within minutes that twat Clancy ruined it for me. went into the kitchen and er indoors looks at my face and says what"s happened now?  10 minutes into a new season and we have been cheated again, fecking sick of it. Oh dear she replies Refs again, she knows the score up there. honestly cant enjoy my football because of the agenda another Sunday spoilt for me.

Edited by aweebluesoandso
On the mobile with small keypad

I know it feels absurd but 10 minutes and we are moaning about refs. And then throughout the game there are several other bizarre decisions and none of them in our favour. I don’t know what’s going on in the heads of these refs but they are preoccupied with making sure Rangers are not seen to get any leeway.

Something is going on in the background whether it’s pressure from other clubs or individuals or bodies within the SFA and SPFL. 

It cant be changed by silence that’s for sure. SG is the first person at Rangers for some time to call it out for what it is and that is cheating. There are no other words for it. 

Edited by Walterbear

The main thing I take from today is optimism for the future.

SG&Co look to me as if they know what they are doing, they know what they want, can communicate to players and get them 'to play'.

On 5 August 2018 at 20:27, aweebluesoandso said:

I was really looking forwards to this game, settled done to watch it and within minutes that twat Clancy ruined it for me. went into the kitchen and er indoors looks at my face and says what"s happened now?  10 minutes into a new season and we have been cheated again, fecking sick of it. Oh dear she replies Refs again, she knows the score up there. honestly cant enjoy my football because of the agenda another Sunday spoilt for me.

I think it was the assistant referee on the far side who got Morelos sent off, not Clancy. However SG was correct to highlight the two violent barges by the cart horse McKenna on Morelos. Were they missed by him ?  Or did he think they were acceptable & within the laws of the game?

That was bad enough but not giving straight red cards to DomBall & Stevie May just made the officials look completely incompetent & ridiculous this afternoon. One denied a goal scoring opportunity & the other dangerous play.  Both straight reds 

At long last we may now have a Rangers manager who is prepared to call out these refereeing decisions against us which were all too frequent last season & have started already this season 

Edited by RANGERRAB