Aberdeen 1 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 30pen)

19 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

Morelos stamped on a player on thursday as well.

While i dont think thats a red hes been really stupid and cost us.

Great wee player but needs to grow up.

I agree Morelos gave the Referee a decision to make. I have no idea how the linesman missed the 2 barges on Morelos though. A stern warning was enough here but Clancy couldn't get his card out quick enough. I doubt we will contest the red card to be honest.

Further I have no idea what Goldson was doing at the goal he had time to make a tackle with his foot but decided to dive like a penguin. I honestly believe that Katic is our best defender and covers up for Goldson on many occasions. Katic and Jack were immense. McCrorie may have been a better option than Mccrorie for Jack but I think Gerrard wanted to keep us dangerous and not sit on the 18 yard box.

5 minutes ago, pete said:

I agree Morelos gave the Referee a decision to make. I have no idea how the linesman missed the 2 barges on Morelos though. A stern warning was enough here but Clancy couldn't get his card out quick enough. I doubt we will contest the red card to be honest.

Further I have no idea what Goldson was doing at the goal he had time to make a tackle with his foot but decided to dive like a penguin. I honestly believe that Katic is our best defender and covers up for Goldson on many occasions. Katic and Jack were immense. McCrorie may have been a better option than Mccrorie for Jack but I think Gerrard wanted to keep us dangerous and not sit on the 18 yard box.

Morelos never gave anyone any decisin to make so no he didn't @pete the ref never seen anything in it either he was acting on the advice of his linesman. Mind you the ref never seen much today so maybe if he had we'd have had more players sent off.

12 minutes ago, pete said:

Was literally about to post about this. If Goldson stands up he would have blocked it. No idea what was going through his head

Edited by Whosthedado

I think we will and should appeal it. I also think we will win.

All that said morelos must stop reacting.

Just now, the gunslinger said:

I think he was just trying to get to ground and block as much of the goal as possible.

Certainly looked awkward

One of those things eh! He almost ended up jumping out the road. I thought Tav was fouled in the build up too

Based on the replay that I saw I thought Morelos deserved to go off.

It's not good enough and the manager needs a striker he can rely on.  We would have flattened them if we had eleven men on the park.

That point aside the referee was absolutely terrible.  Just a few bad decisions that you could mention: Ryan Jack getting flattened and knocked out of the game; no booking, Connor Goldson shouting at a player for diving, yellow card; Scott Arfield getting grabbed by an opponent and not reacting, yellow card.  I actually expected Ryan Jack to get sent off for the last one.

giphy.gif