Rangers new hummel kits go on sale today

2 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

My strategy like yours is counts for absolutely nothing.

My comment is based on the fact we were led to believe we were escaping Ashley's clutches when it appears the contrary is true.

No we weren't. There were many who assumed that we were and that is why they are wailing now.

Look the current board inherited these contracts from the previous board. We, 'the watchers' were not vigilant at that time and so from my perspective we are somewhat complicit. Slowly but surely this board have whittled away at the original contracts to the point where they are almost unrecognisable from the original. There is still a long road to travel yet and if you have no stomach for the fight then thats OK you dont have to be.

1 minute ago, Big Jaws said:

No we weren't. There were many who assumed that we were and that is why they are wailing now.

Look the current board inherited these contracts from the previous board. We, 'the watchers' were not vigilant at that time and so from my perspective we are somewhat complicit. Slowly but surely this board have whittled away at the original contracts to the point where they are almost unrecognisable from the original. There is still a long road to travel yet and if you have no stomach for the fight then thats OK you dont have to be.

The current contract was signed by the current Board. It is that contract that was the subject of the Court hearing.

1 minute ago, forlanssister said:

The current contract was signed by the current Board. It is that contract that was the subject of the Court hearing.

I understand that but it no longer had the 7 year issue nor the 7p in the £1 issue. Are there any more of your feelings that I should be aware of for avoidance or should I simply make all my decision based on your feelings?

Of course, SD has to match -or even better (don't laugh)- the terms and conditions proposed by JD Sports, whom I think were the preferred candidate as retail partner. 

This, it seems, was part of the price to the Club for divesting itself of the scandalous and scandalously  onerous contract with SD negotiated by the previous Board of chancers. I wonder what its legal advice was (I can guess) and why it ignored it (I can guess that too).

Any deal which emerges from SD is not 7p-in-the-pound redux, but an entirely new contract. Last year, King hinted at the possibility of SD being involved again. 

The problems are, inter alia:

-the Club has spent six figures in legals and expenses, only to -have to- settle out of court, and have to pick up a similar, if not greater, sum by way of SD's legals and expenses;

-the Club may have to enter into a contract with SD, making SD its retail partner, which associates it with El Gordo and his outfit, something which, to quote someone from a long time ago, in what seems like a galaxy far, far away, may "..besmirch the good name of the Club", and affect income in consequence;

-the Club may have to enter into a contract despite the leading personalities, in each organisation, clashing like cymbals;

-the Club may have to enter into a contract, the terms and conditions of which will be pored over, continually, by both parties in the hope of finding a breach on which to capitalise

-Gessler and his little helpers are a bunch of cunts, and may not be trusted

I can hope, only, that there is some material matter within the JD offer -say infrastructure provision, or advertising + marketing strategy, or distribution, or even a slight financial edge- which will enable the Board to declare that Fat Boy Slime has failed to match the preferred offer.

(If only it were so simple, but I live in hope that the Board has been cute enough to make this play a possibility.)

Just now, Big Jaws said:

I understand that but it no longer had the 7 year issue nor the 7p in the £1 issue. Are there any more of your feelings that I should be aware of for avoidance or should I simply make all my decision based on your feelings?

So your claim that this contract was inherited is clearly false yes?

Base your decisions on whatever you want I'll stick to forming mine according to the facts.

2 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

So your claim that this contract was inherited is clearly false yes?

Base your decisions on whatever you want I'll stick to forming mine according to the facts.

Is that all you've got? I said that the existing contract is virtually unrecognisable from the one that the current board inherited and THAT is down to the current board whether you can accept that or not is irrelevant. Much like omitting details in press reports context is important!

Edited by Big Jaws

10 minutes ago, Big Jaws said:

If the "we" includes you, you'd do well to learn from the past and instead of going into a 'siege mentality' mode, look objectively at what has happened.

Some waved red flags regards Whyte and Green but were largely ignored. 

I'm not saying we've got a similar situation but I do think things are far from ideal and it should be about objective vigilance of events and in this case FS is simply stating the facts.

5 minutes ago, Big Jaws said:

Is that all you've got? I said that the existing contract is virtually unrecognisable from the one that the current board inherited and THAT is down to the current board whether you can accept that or not is irrelevant.

I don't think that there is an existing contract (save the tail end of that previously negotiated with SD by the corner boys and dancing masters). 

There is an offer from JD, and a right on the part of SD to match that offer. How this will play out is unclear, at present, but there will be a new contract, on terms and conditions different from those in the previous, winding down, contract. 

8 minutes ago, Big Jaws said:

The current (2017) contract is the massive problem. We have paid £3m for it. It has a provision that allows SD to continue in perpetuity if they so desire and if their terms match other bidders. Why make a decision to buy kit based on feelings when the evidence is we are being screwed and not consider other ways to give money to Rangers. 

I dont buy kits (except retros) but even I will put £20 into a fund designed to take money from SD. That £20 will be the equivalent of dozens of kit sales based on what we know about SD. 

Just now, buster. said:

If the "we" includes you, you'd do well to learn from the past and instead of going into a 'siege mentality' mode, look objectively at what has happened.

Some waved red flags regards Whyte and Green but were largely ignored. 

I'm not saying we've got a similar situation but I do think things are far from ideal and it should be about objective vigilance of events and in this case FS is simply stating the facts.

He's stating facts as he sees it. I see it slightly differently. Context is extremely important from my perspective. He appears to be existential in the extreme with his this is all wrong palaver. The question still arises though... How does one extricate oneself from a contractual obligation? The answer is negotiation. Some negotiations will be beneficial to us and some wont.