Gersnet World Cup Prediction League: Round 1

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Commentators! Constantly talking about the magic of Messi, who was having a stinker and contributed next to nothing.

I can't remember a time when Messi has impressed me on the world cup stage. 

I thought the Argentina game would be tight. Iceland are difficult to play against. 

Messi's penalty was bad, but I think Cuevas has just beaten it for Peru. Terrible penalty. 

7 hours ago, Rousseau said:

I thought the Argentina game would be tight. Iceland are difficult to play against. 

Messi's penalty was bad, but I think Cuevas has just beaten it for Peru. Terrible penalty. 

I prithee thee your grace. I called the correct score for the Denmark/Peru game and picked it as my joker. Don't mean to be a fly in your eye but...give a brotha his props.

8 hours ago, Sindarin said:

I can't remember a time when Messi has impressed me on the world cup stage. 

That Iceland goalie was channeling the Viking Gods. He made some really good saves...including the penalty.

6 hours ago, Malangsob said:

I prithee thee your grace. I called the correct score for the Denmark/Peru game and picked it as my joker. Don't mean to be a fly in your eye but...give a brotha his props.

Give a 'brotha' a minute... I've not written up those scores yet. 

I'm in no rush, though, I got nothing... :D 

For Peru-Denmark, lenny3k, Franc Ergs, CD, Gaffer, dB, r_s and FS gained 1 point for the Correct Result.

Craig, Barebear, UKCrazy, and Malangsob gained 3 points for the Correct Score!

Malangsob also gained an extra 3 points for applying his joker to the Correct Score!

For Croatia-Nigeria, quite a few picked up points. 

Onevision, Bill, Whosthedado, Yorkie, Gaffer, buster., Barebear, Johnnyk, Coop, Malangsob, BEARGER and Sindarin gained 1 point for the Correct Result.

Rousseau, compo, lenny3k, Craig, CD, UKCrazy and BD gained 3 points for the Correct Score!

There were no jokers applied to this game.

Three games today: Costa Rica-Serbia, Germany-Mexico and Brazil-Switzerland.

It's always interesting to see Brazil get started. 

Germany-Mexico could be interesting; Mexico are a talented side with intriguing tactical flexibility -- they start with a 4-3-3, then switch mid-game to a 3-4-3, or even a 3-3-3-1. Very fluid, with some exciting talents. They are up against Germany, though. Interesting game.