Gersnet World Cup Prediction League: Round 1

All bar one got points. 

Most predicted the Correct Result, with Correct Scores for onevision, lenny3k, Franc Ergs, Gaffer and TheUKCrazyhorse.

compo, Whosthedado, cooponthewing, BEARGER, TB and FS gained an extra point for their joker card. 

Incredibly, TheUKCrazyhorse gained an extra 3 points for applying his joker to his Correct Score, picking up 6 points from the match!

Latest Standings:

Argentina-Iceland up next. I don't know about this one.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Argentina play under Jorge Sampaoli (fomerly Chile manager at the last WC and more recently Sevilla). 

I can see Iceland defending like hell, and making it very hard for Argentina, but can also see a real 'hummelling'.  :D I've predicted a small, but comfortable Argentina win. 

That was somewhat like us playing any but the top half teams of the Premiership. One team tries to play football and attempts to score, the other is only out there to undo that. Obviously, had the Icelanders done anything else, they would have been slaughtered ... but strangely enough, they will get all the plaudits while Argentina' got all the egg in the face. How often have we seen that in recent years with us ...

Edited by der Berliner