Backroom Staff Confirmed

Totally cool ...

... if it was not for that quiet voice in the background saying: Hopefully it all goes according to plan for SG & Co.. For if it doesn't, 5-6 chaps will most likely be off again leaving a neat hole to plug. Right now, that voice is rather quiet, of course.

Edited by der Berliner

This really excites me.

A first-team coach, a technical coach and a performance coach, all highly regarded in their field. Superb appointments. And Gary McAllister too. :D We've been missing technical coaches. 

Gerrard has clearly been rounding off his coaching needs, to make up for his inexperience. Good self-awareness from Stevie G, and it covers all the bases, to give him the best opportunity of success. 

13 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

This really excites me.

A first-team coach, a technical coach and a performance coach, all highly regarded in their field. Superb appointments. And Gary McAllister too. :D We've been missing technical coaches. 

Gerrard has clearly been rounding off his coaching needs, to make up for his inexperience. Good self-awareness from Stevie G, and it covers all the bases, to give him the best opportunity of success. 

My thinking too.  Very much allows him to lead from the front, be the focal point of the management team (as you would expect), but let his guys work in the background in support with him taking the pressure off.  Also hopefully buys him time to learn the ropes, as you say.

From being a bit dubious at the early talk of Gerard coming I have really warmed to what has come about and for once think the club have really done their homework this time.

Roll on the new season:rfc::rfc: