SFA to block Rangers slashing Celtic ticket allocation for Scottish Cup

Methinks the League Cup was the competition where the 50/50 split was in operation, at least a few years back. Hence the wee clubs loved to get a game at Ibrox in years gone by. (Hoping that memory does not deceive me ... )

9 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Methinks the League Cup was the competition where the 50/50 split was in operation, at least a few years back. Hence the wee clubs loved to get a game at Ibrox in years gone by. (Hoping that memory does not deceive me ... )

I think that was a semi final, and Hampden wasn't available.

I’m pretty sure gate receipts are split 50/50 no matter who the home team is, from Round 1. That’s why you don’t get Cup games on the season ticket since about the 1990s. At least that was the reason given at the time.

This law has been in force for years, but in recent years has not been enforced under police guidance. If we got a cup draw at the piggery we would be entitled to 12,000 tickets (20%) and the mhanks would get 10500 for Ibrox, but the Police say they are to get the normal league amounts as that is easier to handle from their perspective, and the clubs have always accepted this.

It would be interesting if there is a OF cup draw before the SF stage where the two clubs and the police would have to come up with a number for the away team. Essentially once we have sold the ST, and if enough fans tick the box for home cup games, we would have to argue that the tims only get their usual league game amount (800) in the corner.