Rangers clinch loan deal for Liverpool midfielder Ovie Ejaria

9 minutes ago, craig said:

Au contraire....

That thread is "Summer 2018 Transfer Rumours and Deals"..... In other words all transfer dealings....  Maybe it is just because Ian is from the East Coast and reading is a bit of an issue over there...... just kidding Ian :D

The transfer thread was getting derailed so why not post it in another thread?

14 minutes ago, craig said:

I don't have an issue with it Ian.

To be honest, I like the idea that when a transfer is confirmed we have a separate thread for each confirmed transfer.  Means that you have one thread dealing with one player, as opposed to one thread dealing with everything, which means discussion can go off track or get confused.

I see no issue that once a deal is confirmed we have a specific thread for that confirmed transfer.

Also allows us to come back to it during the season to discuss how the player has done compared to what we thought they would do... in other words, to prove SBS & dB wrong :roflmao: 

It can be quite annoying when you click on the transfer thread looking for an update and there is no posts giving an update on any transfer targets/links.

If we got with 4-2-3-1 next season Ejaria looks like he would naturally fit into the attacking mid centre role which we missed last season. 

Edited by DMAA

40 minutes ago, craig said:

Au contraire....

That thread is "Summer 2018 Transfer Rumours and Deals"..... In other words all transfer dealings....  Maybe it is just because Ian is from the East Coast and reading is a bit of an issue over there...... just kidding Ian :D

@ian1964 - Get it roon ye! :D 

I think this kid could be good. Good ball control, strong, imposing physically and won't get shoved off the ball. 

What is encouraging is that he's signed a long term contract with Liverpool before signing for us, so they clearly rate him!

3 hours ago, DMAA said:

They are probably willing to send him to us both to do Gerrard a favour but also because they want him playing on the front foot rather than fighting any more relegation battles. 

Definitely a factor you would imagine. Playing in a side scraping for points to avoid relegation will be nothing like the attacking style Liverpool play. We on the other hand will be playing something much closer to that style. Plus we obviously also have a manger who knows it so well.

4 hours ago, Rousseau said:

@ian1964 - Get it roon ye! :D 

Having a thread mixed with rumours and signings will only result in cluttering up threads, IMO , best to keep the rumours & signings separate! but then what do I no? best let the high heid yins decide!

33 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Having a thread mixed with rumours and signings will only result in cluttering up threads, IMO , best to keep the rumours & signings separate! but then what do I no? best let the high heid yins decide!

I actually agree; a separate thread for deals would allow us the space to discuss it.