Murty Back With The Youths

Interestingly, some Bear on Twitter posted something along the lines of "Murty is shite, should be nowhere near our youth players and U20 results improved when he went to the first team" and THREE (allegedly) youth players "liked" the comment.  One of which was Liam Burt (I saw Burt's like of the tweet - the other two "unliked" it).

So I think it is safe to say that there is already an element of dissention in the ranks of the U20's.

9 hours ago, Gaffer said:

Murty's experience will be so beneficial to the youths.  He now really knows what is required to be successful at Rangers and it'll maybe give him a fresh perspective on the work he still has to do with the current crop of younger players.  I'm so pleased he's remaining with the club.

What makes you say that?

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

What makes you say that?

I meant he knows that there's a lot more skill and mental toughness  required than he had so he'll have to raise his  game and that of the youths.

1 hour ago, craig said:

Interestingly, some Bear on Twitter posted something along the lines of "Murty is shite, should be nowhere near our youth players and U20 results improved when he went to the first team" and THREE (allegedly) youth players "liked" the comment.  One of which was Liam Burt (I saw Burt's like of the tweet - the other two "unliked" it).

So I think it is safe to say that there is already an element of dissention in the ranks of the U20's.

If that's true I'd show them the door right now ..... disrespectful clowns.  I seriously wonder how stupid footballers can be.

2 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

If that's true I'd show them the door right now ..... disrespectful clowns.  I seriously wonder how stupid footballers can be.

I can tell you for sure that Liam Burt "liked" the tweet.  I saw it myself.

Maybe they should keep it behind closed doors, wouldn't disagree with that.  But when 3 of your U20 team have apparently liked a tweet suggesting Murty isn't the man for the job.... maybe a deeper dig into things is necessary.

Whilst I see your point... if the players feel this way then maybe they are right.  Much the same as most of us were saying Sinclair was shite..... if the players turned on him we should get rid of the players and continue with the same crappy management of the youths ?  Nope, not for me.  If the players are saying he isn't the right man for the job then the club has a duty to investigate whether that indeed is the case.

Dumping all your youths just because they agree that the incumbent coach isn't good enough is hardly the way to ensure the future of the youth department, is it ?

There's a way to inform the directors on this, but doing it on social media is idiotic and I'd sack them for their decision making skills.  Utter imbeciles as far as I'm concerned.  It does appear there's an issue however, but I'm only reflecting on the players' way of handling this.  There appears to be a discipline problem at the club and I hope Gerrard sorts that out.