[FT] Hibernian 5 - 5 Rangers (Tavernier 25, Rossiter 27, Alves 40, Holt 55; Windass 68)

9 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Don't forget that the SNP's Dornan plans to fight sectarianism. 

Yet again sectarianism is a one way street as far as the SNP are concerned. 

It's annoying anyone in our support asks his opinion, it only increases his credibility as a spokesperson on this issue. If they really wanted political input there's another 300 politicians they could have asked. We really don't box clever. 

It's disingenuous nonsense to suggest the term 'Hun' doesn't mean Protestant. They can claim all they want that it isn't what they mean but it sure as hell is what I hear when they use it. It reminds me of when people claim they use the word 'Fen1an' only to describe 19th century Irish republicans. That may indeed be the case but today people hear 'Roman Catholic'. The meaning of words changes. I see the meme going round that shows Jock Stein and Neil McCann as if this somehow shows the word has no religious connotations. I wonder if a similar meme showing Neil McCann and Jock Stein where the word 'Hun' was replaced with the word 'Fenian' would appease Mr Dornan. We already know the answer. 

All of that before we even get to the use of the word 'scum'. I mean how do the club and police allow that?  

1 hour ago, buster. said:

All other top six sides beat Celtic this season

Hearts 4-0

Kilmarnock 1-0

Hibs 2-1

Aberdeen 0-1

One common theme amongst those games was that they weren't really at it on the day. 

You also have to add that their opposition very much were and kept to their script for the whole game.

Unfortunately for us, they tend to raise their game when they play us but when they have shown weakness (tends to be in the games that have less riding on them), we haven't been able to take advantage, eg. Parkhead 0-0 game.

A 39 point gap has been reduced to 12.

That's a huge 27 points of a difference but we are only responsible for gaining 3 more points than last season.

They're down 24 points but have picked up exactly the same against us (10 from 12).

They have been inconsistent this season but to lose to Aberdeen at home is pretty inexplicable. First domestic home defeat since Delia, first home defeat to Aberdeen in 25 games. And this is an Aberdeen side who could only muster 1 shot on target and who needed an assist from the man in black to score against us. When Celtic actually wanted to win they blew us away and inflicted Hearts' first home defeat of the season.

They chucked it in both games simple as that.

On a more positive note, big thanks has to go to Nicholl and JJ in my opinion for a far better end to the season than most of us expected with 3 very hard fixtures left after Murty's sacking.

1. Rangers 1-0 Kilmarnock
    1. They received criticism for the manner of it but the context was that Killie had beaten us twice this season and drawn once before this game, our team barely knows how to win at home, and the following week Killie took a point from Parkhead.
  2. Aberdeen 1-1 Rangers
    1. Bar a poor spell after the heads went down due to the penalty decision, by far the better team. You only had to watch the highlights to see that they didn't have any! Robbed by a shocking penalty decision.
  3. Hibs 5-5 Rangers
    1. Hibs come into the game on the back of 7 home wins in a row (included wins over Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts, Killie) and having scored 2 or more in all of them. Rangers come in with a severely depleted squad, missing possibly our two best players from the Aberdeen game. With not much to work with in terms of quality in the side and two very poor refereeing decision they still managed a remarkable point and so nearly got all 3.

Very good managerial performance with the use of tactical subs, which were the first ones we'd seen all season!

5 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I wasn't impressed with the decision to replace Rossiter with Hodson though.

Fair enough bring Hodson on (who actually did OK defensively) but I was surprised he moved Halliday into midfield instead of bringing on Docherty from some fresh legs and strength.

Agree Frankie, when i seen Rossiter struggling i was thinking Docherty  would have been the obvious swap although i thought Hodson did ok when he came on.

6 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Fair enough bring Hodson on (who actually did OK defensively) but I was surprised he moved Halliday into midfield instead of bringing on Docherty from some fresh legs and strength.

Wasn't Rossiter limping a bit though immediately before being taken off?

Rossiter actually looked really decent and I hope he can stay fit. He resembles a proper, decent footballer; which isn't something I see at Ibrox regularly. He's composed on the ball, plays with his head up and seems to have real class. Reminded me of Barry Ferguson a bit. 

17 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Very strange decision - Why was Hodson not playing LB from the start rather than trying to force Halliday into a position he's not familiar with.