The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

I said it on the Gersnet podcast weeks ago I would be surprised if we didn't see him more often. After seeing him in Germany I knew he was a class above nearly all the players there.

Just now, Rousseau said:

We should sign the Osijek Left-back, Barasic. And Henty. Good players. 

Henty didn't really perform against us but would take the full-back gladly.

Apparently he was in the Croatian preliminary WC squad but didn't make the final cut, ie. he wouldn't come cheap but would represent quality and value. However, our priorities seem to be CH and CF.

There were a few good players in that Croat team.

The left back would certainly be worth an inquiry. He has, unlike some of our lads, a high quality final ball.  He looks like he has the temperament to play at Ibrox comfortably, and successfully, not feeling the weight of jersey, and of expectation, although it is hard to be absolutely certain. 

Henty catches the eye, but looks, perhaps, a hot and cold player. 

22 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

There were a few good players in that Croat team.

The left back would certainly be worth an inquiry. He has, unlike some of our lads, a high quality final ball.  He looks like he has the temperament to play at Ibrox comfortably, and successfully, not feeling the weight of jersey, and of expectation, although it is hard to be absolutely certain. 

Henty catches the eye, but looks, perhaps, a hot and cold player. 

Barišić, the left-back will be 26 in November and has been with Osijek since 2016.

Definitely worth a cheeky inquiry as to his contractual situation.

3 hours ago, Rousseau said:

We should sign the Osijek Left-back, Barasic. And Henty. Good players. 

Not sure about Henty as he did nothing against us  but bandyheidic would be an excellent recruitment. 

1 hour ago, pete said:

Not sure about Henty as he did nothing against us  but bandyheidic would be an excellent recruitment. 

Nothing really came off for him -- just like the rest of their team, to be fair -- but I felt he was their main danger. 

The Left-back looked solid.

I thought the Croats were technically good players, but they didnt have any creatively gifted players that could open us up. Pretty much the same as us against our Scottish opponents where we can pass sideways with accuracy and put crosses into dangerous areas, but both sides lack a creative spark as to how to open the door and create goals. I wouldnt be looking to sign any of their players as I didnt think any of them were significantly better than ours. The best team won over the two legs and nobody could have any complaints about that.

We really need to be searching further afield than our last opponent.