FF Slaps Spiers Down

Ra Bhoy in Corduroy regularly attends Sellik park with his two Sellik supporting boys.

I would have thought those delightful balaclava clad effigy hangers might have been a morality concern for his own personal Jiminey Cricket?

Getting bothered by these timmy journos does remind me of the bear in the woods story a bit: a man goes out hunting in the woods one day and gets raped by a bear. The second day the man goes hunting and again gets raped by the bear. On the third day the bear turns round to the man and say, 'you're not here to hunt are you?' 

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Taking aside that Spiers is long past worthy of thought, I take it the rumour is about Chris Graham being paid to do a certain job by Club 1872?

Amongst the abuse back and forth, I didnt actually see anyone in the know deny this has happened.

Surely not?

If Club 1872 are having to pay someone like Chris Graham to do something for them, (as opposed to him volunteering to assist as a Rangers supporter and member) then this is a huge issue and one I am not at all comfortable with. Club1872 needs to pay lawyers, accountants etc, for all the independent compliance work and advice, it should never be paying a Rangers supporter anything, nor should any Rangers supporter even ask for payment. Either offer to help for free, or dont help at all. We have a big enough support with skilled fans in all areas to get anything required without payment.

Can anyone clarify?

8 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Not sure if it's the club or Club1872 that's paying Chris or the what role he's allegedly employed in.

Don't know anything about it but from what I read it appeared as if it were saying the club.

If that is true, then it wouldn't surprise me if some might like to take advantage and sow the seeds of 'confusion'.

Edited by buster.

I remember that C1872 said in the past that they would pay someone to do much of the admin involved. I had thought that the payment would have come out of C1872 funds (the 5% admin costs that they take). I was surprised that the statement on FF stated that the club were paying it.

It depends to what extent work is being done. If someone is giving up several days every week to do the work when they could have been earning cash elsewhere and it's effectively a part time job then I don't have a problem with that person being paid. If it's just the odd afternoon here and there that many of us have given in the past then no, there shouldn't be anyone getting paid.

If there isn't anyone willing to spend a few days a week doing the work then what are C1872 meant to do?

(Just to clarify that I don't know what is being done or how long it takes. I'm speaking hypothetically)