Graeme Murty 'relieved of his duties' as Rangers manager

54 minutes ago, rbr said:

What do you think we are paying Steve G , plus Burnley have peaked , he will not be able to keep them at the level he has long .

If Dyche was to leave Burnley there would be a TON of clubs willing to offer him a substantial wage to get him.  The job he has done at Burnley is remarkable and almost any club outside the top 5 or 6 in the EPL would be delighted to have him.

The thought that he would come to us is nothing more than a pipe dream

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

He came agonisingly close to a good result at Ibrox. Morelos’s miss was absolutely bizarre. Celtic had one chance and they took it and then parked the bus. When a team parks the bus the man disadvantage doesn’t make as big a difference. Could have been so different if events had gone differently that day. 

We said the same about the injury time penalty missed v killie before Pedro left.

If it hadn’t been the Morelos miss or the candeias pen it would have been something else. Lack of quality throughout the club. 

Murty had to step down as the first team us in free fall at the moment but he was put in a very difficult position and his leadership authority has been challenged by the DK statements before the cup and the Gerard leaks now. The club has treated him pretty poorly imo considering he stepped in twice, saved a small fortune for the club in not recruiting a permanent manager and had a lot of players in the team he did not buy.

They have obviously kept his academy job open. No one should begrudge him that especially as the youngsters are playing good football down through the ranks. I doubt however he will want to work for us and we have probably now lost a good academy asset as well as not having had s permanent manager for most of the season. Perhaps being in 3rd is quite remarkable. 

Correct to sack Murty from the manager job now but others should follow, in particular the MD who is supposed to be running this mess.  

4 hours ago, rbr said:

Mate it took them weeks to fuck up the McInnes deal , he was sitting in Mar Hall Picking the team for Saturday when it broke down , they then took several more weeks to come to the conclusion that an U 20 s coach would do , al because the board would not agree with their D of F,s choices .

its not my job to decide who should be the manager , but given what they must be going to pay Stevie G and the funding they must have to back him , personally I would have went to Burnley and paid Sean Dyche what ever he wanted . 

Ahem ... I am under the impression that McInnes chose Aberdeen over us after some late talk with Milne (or whomever it was)? And if the board deemed the DoF's choices to weak for the job - which we can't verify - so be it. There is no reason to believ that any of the DoF's choices would have saved the season. Likewise, up to the Ibrox OF game Murty did admirably ... and who could have forseen what followed?

20 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Ahem ... I am under the impression that McInnes chose Aberdeen over us after some late talk with Milne (or whomever it was)?

My understanding is that it was the actions of the Rangers directors (King?) that changed his mind.

21 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

There is no reason to believ that any of the DoF's choices would have saved the season.

There's every reason to suggest that a more tactically astute manager would have been more successful.

22 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

up to the Ibrox OF game Murty did admirably

Losing home games against Hamilton, St Johnstone and Hibs?

4 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

My understanding is that it was the actions of the Rangers directors (King?) that changed his mind.

There's every reason to suggest that a more tactically astute manager would have been more successful.

Losing home games against Hamilton, St Johnstone and Hibs?

Clawing back into Celtic's lead to up to 6 points on the eve of the Ibrox OF game? Form varies over the season and I don't say he's the perfect choice, but results were coming along with confidence, which needs to build after the turbulent last PC weeks.

As for McInnes, who knows. Right now, the default opinion seems to be: blame the board. And that is somewhat removed from reality - which in turn is not to say that the board is free of blame. It ain't just black & white here.

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

Ahem ... I am under the impression that McInnes chose Aberdeen over us after some late talk with Milne (or whomever it was)? And if the board deemed the DoF's choices to weak for the job - which we can't verify - so be it. There is no reason to believ that any of the DoF's choices would have saved the season. Likewise, up to the Ibrox OF game Murty did admirably ... and who could have forseen what followed?

Had he not lost more games at that point than canixiha and Warburton put together?

2 hours ago, Walterbear said:

Correct to sack Murty from the manager job now but others should follow, in particular the MD who is supposed to be running this mess.  

Was it Robertson's decision to appoint Murty or was it a decision taken at RIFC board level?