Glasgow Cup Final Rangers 3 Celtic 0

4 hours ago, DMAA said:

This was very clear to see in the final. I was amazed at the boys’ technical capabilities. Moved the ball around on the deck really well and great dribbling ability. I was surprised how physical rather than technical Celtic looked. 

It was quite hard to believe the ages. The Celtic captain was a big lad and some of the others were very athletic looking. Our lads played very composed stuff for their age. They presented themselves for the ball and were comfortable in tight spaces. Hopefully we can broaden our scouting and bring the best players into this set up coz it looks to be working. 

1 hour ago, craig said:

one of the legacies of Warburton too, I believe

When I was watching the u17 game I thought straight away this must be Warburton’s legacy. Very much a tika taka kind style. 

21 minutes ago, pete said:

That is not strange Craig Real Madrid took a young Dutch boy who was under 10 I believe  and gave his father a job and house to move to Spain. The son of Patrick Kluivert, brother of justin, Shane Kluivert who is also only 10 plays for Barcelona although he moved from PSG to Barca because his father got a job with the Spanish TV . Shane Kluivert also does cooking and has already a cook book in the shops.

I didn't say it was strange though pete.  I said it is ruining the poorer footballing nations.  I'm betting that they never paid 3 million for Shane Kluivert though, regardless of how good he is.

It is bonkers though, Xavi Simons, at 15, already has over 1 million Instagram followers - the kid is already made even if he doesn't make it.

8 minutes ago, DMAA said:

When I was watching the u17 game I thought straight away this must be Warburton’s legacy. Very much a tika taka kind style. 

I am sure that when Warburton first came in, someone told me that he and Mulholland had a very similar philosophy.

5 minutes ago, craig said:

I am sure that when Warburton first came in, someone told me that he and Mulholland had a very similar philosophy.

I often wonder if Warburton got the money Pedro got how good he could have got the team. I certainly liked the football he was trying to play.

2 minutes ago, pete said:

I often wonder if Warburton got the money Pedro got how good he could have got the team. I certainly liked the football he was trying to play.

I'm not sure Warburton was mentally strong enough himself in honesty.  But I have wondered that myself.  I think he made a rod for his own back too with the way the Barton situation was dealt with. 

22 minutes ago, craig said:

I'm not sure Warburton was mentally strong enough himself in honesty.  But I have wondered that myself.  I think he made a rod for his own back too with the way the Barton situation was dealt with. 

Yes I actually think Barton could have been a good player for us once he got up to speed.

We will never know.

36 minutes ago, pete said:

To be honest he blew most of what he did get in that second season so I don’t think it would have made much difference. Barton and Kranjcar were very expensive in wages. Garner cost £1.8m, MOH 0.5m.