Pena sacked by Cruz Azul

Wonder of wonders, the Daily Retard with an attempt to torpedo the Gerrardmania. Anyone checked when that incident actually happened?

As of Pena, I reckon PC, who worked with him before, thought that the boy had talent, but lost his way. He brought him along to Britain, somewhat isolated away from all the toxic stuff in Mexico and under his control. Here he apparently didn't really manage to get to the form PC expected of him, even though, in the glimpes we saw, there sure was talent in the lad - but lack of fitness and game-time was showing badly. The sacking of PC left Pena stranded and when we sent him back to Mexico, he ended up in the same mess PC tried to get him away from. Hence this latest guff and Cruz Azul sure took the next best chance to send him packing. IF that will actually take place.

Now, before we go bananas on that, many a player behaved badly when drunk - and probably anyone on here too, maybe with the exception of Blue Moon. Unless he does something criminal, it won't end in a straight sacking. Sending him home now for good, would most likely end him as a player and  a person. That said, doing what he did is oil in the flames of the Scottish mhedia rats ... and they will go on and on about it. I would assume, no matter what we think about it, any new manager will want to see all the current players that  we have in person before deciding on their future.

22 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Wonder of wonders, the Daily Retard with an attempt to torpedo the Gerrardmania. Anyone checked when that incident actually happened?

As of Pena, I reckon PC, who worked with him before, thought that the boy had talent, but lost his way. He brought him along to Britain, somewhat isolated away from all the toxic stuff in Mexico and under his control. Here he apparently didn't really manage to get to the form PC expected of him, even though, in the glimpes we saw, there sure was talent in the lad - but lack of fitness and game-time was showing badly. The sacking of PC left Pena stranded and when we sent him back to Mexico, he ended up in the same mess PC tried to get him away from. Hence this latest guff and Cruz Azul sure took the next best chance to send him packing. IF that will actually take place.

Now, before we go bananas on that, many a player behaved badly when drunk - and probably anyone on here too, maybe with the exception of Blue Moon. Unless he does something criminal, it won't end in a straight sacking. Sending him home now for good, would most likely end him as a player and  a person. That said, doing what he did is oil in the flames of the Scottish mhedia rats ... and they will go on and on about it. I would assume, no matter what we think about it, any new manager will want to see all the current players that  we have in person before deciding on their future.

Why so much conjecture?

Sad.

31 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I still think he could do a job for us.

He's good in the box, sh*te out of it. Perhaps too expensive an impact player, but if he's used intelligently, he could play his part in paying off the outlay.  

I'm perhaps being too optimistic here -- we do need everyone pulling their weight.  

I think you are being too optimistic.

I don't think the next manager will want him anywhere near the squad for a variety of reasons.

The solution is to pay him off.  Any misbehaviour on his part will make that easier.

3 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

I think you are being too optimistic.

I don't think the next manager will want him anywhere near the squad for a variety of reasons.

The solution is to pay him off.  Any misbehaviour on his part will make that easier.

He is being extremely optimistic. If Pena has a positive future with us I will happily donate all of my money to the first person to reply to this post.