Scott Arfield pre-contract deal?

Just now, Frankie said:

Definitely has to be a blend of experience and youth.

Dorrans looked a lot fitter and quicker yesterday.

A good manager, a good pre-season, fit players played in the right position and Dorrans would be one of several players already at the club that would be like 'new signings'.

11 minutes ago, buster. said:

A good manager, a good pre-season, fit players played in the right position and Dorrans would be one of several players already at the club that would be like 'new signings'.

I agree with this: we actually have a decent group. If only they were used properly. 

And yet, some seem to think we need a complete clear-out?

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I agree with this: we actually have a decent group. If only they were used properly. 

We really need to strengthen our CB department first, if we were stronger in that area we would not be losing as many goals/matches

There's a rumour that Bale is ready to leave Real Madrid on a free in the summer, but his teammate's brother's Bird's friend once liked a Celtic Tweet, so... FORGET IT!

We really can't be picky when it comes to new signings. They're professionals; any potential Celtic link is irrelevant.

17 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

The fundamental is to get an effective manager in who can be the head of a football operation that can improve players.

It's not easy given the level of pressure for immediate success but you have a situation where 'immediate demands' are actually holding us back.

41 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

He's a known quantity, of good quality and played at a good level. He could play #10, and give Windass some competition.

But, he's getting on a bit.

A bit like Dorrans, actually.

I think we need quality at the moment over potential. We're slating Morelos, McCrorie, Docherty and (too a lesser extent) Windass at the moment, who're all players with potential.

I agree he could play the number ten role, but I'm reluctant to agree to your "quality over potential" preference.  I understand we have to feel some progress is being made, but this is just a sticking plaster approach to our rebuild.  We need to build our squad and club back up again and we can't be shelling out funds each year for players overnight the age of 30+.  We can't afford to do it and it takes valuable game time away from our younger players.  That doesn't make sense to me.  I'd rather we have a small number of older role models and really focus on developing our young players.  That means we have to be tolerant though, and I doubt that many of our fans are happy to accept that losing games due to individual mistakes is part of our journey back.

15 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

There's a rumour that Bale is ready to leave Real Madrid on a free in the summer, but his teammate's brother's Bird's friend once liked a Celtic Tweet, so... FORGET IT!

We really can't be picky when it comes to new signings. They're professionals; any potential Celtic link is irrelevant.

Don't get me wrong, I agree.   If he is prepared to come to us, then I assume he will give his all and be professional. 

But as we have seen many times, these are the sorts of things that are used as a stick to beat players, usually by those who are determined to make up their minds and refuse to budge despite any contrary evidence.

4 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Don't get me wrong, I agree.   If he is prepared to come to us, then I assume he will give his all and be professional. 

But as we have seen many times, these are the sorts of things that are used as a stick to beat players, usually by those who are determined to make up their minds and refuse to budge despite any contrary evidence.

Yes, it's mental; to me anyway. Revealing any Celtic link seems to be the first port of call.

'So-and-so's available on a free in the summer.'

'Aye? Sounds good, but where does he stand with regards to the 17th Century battle of Royal succession?'

'...' :facepalm: