Morelos before game

25 minutes ago, alskoosher said:

I cannot for the life of me see any justice in the Morelos hype, Rangers have had many younger than Morelos teenage goalscorers who just scored, it was their job.

By 21 big Derek, Jim Forrest and big Dandy were scoring for fun, an ability Morelos lacks imho.

Think of the creative supply route for those forwards and the way we played.

My memory only goes back to Derek Johnstone and his amount of for headed goals, something that Tommy McLean had a lot to do with. For the others, the list of wingers they played with is impressive.

For our attack to produce goals, we need to be playing very well middle to front, eg. first 2/3 months of 2018. But when we aren't playing well, creativity drys up and we don't do set-pieces very well or adapt. 

Morelos is an excellent young centre forward and IF he continues to develop, will end up playing in one of the big leagues.

Edited by buster.

1 minute ago, buster. said:

Think of the creative supply route for those forwards and the way we played.

My memory only goes back to Derek Johnstone and his amount of for headed goals, something that Tommy McLean had a lot to do with.

For our attack to produce goals, we need to be playing very well middle to front, eg. first 2/3 months of 2018. But when we aren't playing well, creativity drys up and we don't do set-pieces very well or adapt. 

Morelos is an excellent young centre forward and IF he continues to develop, will end up playing in one of the big leagues.

Wee Tommy could put in crosses others could only dream of 

1 minute ago, compo said:

The typical image that comes to mind for me is a goal that Johnstone didn't score.

The 1973 Scottish Cup Final and with the scores level in front of 123,000 people , McLean swings in another pin-point free-kick for Johnstone to head on to the inside of the post, roll along the line and set-up Tom Forsyth for his piledriver of a winner.

2 hours ago, alskoosher said:

I cannot for the life of me see any justice in the Morelos hype, Rangers have had many younger than Morelos teenage goalscorers who just scored, it was their job.

By 21 big Derek, Jim Forrest and big Dandy were scoring for fun, an ability Morelos lacks imho.

I've had a few u-turns of opinion about Morelos, and there's something about him that's hard not to like, but nothing I've seen justifies the slack he's being cut atm for some of the worst goal scoring flops I've seen in a while. I can only assume the recent publicity about £11m valuations (real or not) has convinced everyone we have a great player on our hands but it seems at least as exaggerated as the ongoing criticism of Windass.

2 hours ago, compo said:

In my opinion, Tommy McLean was by far the best Rangers winger since Willie Henderson and probably THE best crosser of a ball.

Edited by Bill

39 minutes ago, Bill said:

In my opinion, Tommy McLean was by far the best Rangers winger since Willie Henderson and probably THE best crosser of a ball.

He  seemed to have the ability to make the ball hang  still in mid air 

3 hours ago, Bill said:

Bobby McKean was a great provider and scored a fair few into the bargain too. So much so that at times he kept Calimero out of the team. Sadly we'll never know how good he could have become.