Hi,

Last year I attempted writing a couple of original Rangers songs. Keep in mind they are first attempts and there’s room for improvement however most of the feedback I got back was positive (few comments not so much ? but that’s social media for you).

I got in touch with Rangers and a couple of the guys from their commercial department emailed me back saying they liked the song and were looking into possible promoting the music side of things in the near future.

Skip forward a year and I have 10 original new Rangers songs that I’m about to go into the studio to record. Hopefully can work out some sort of deal with the club for helping to promote it, give it their official stamp.

I would def appreciate any support you can give me by giving my first song a listen and sharing the YouTube link. 

Cheers.

1 hour ago, compo said:

You need something more up tempo with simple repetitive lyrics that the half drunk and sober plus the tone dear can bash out ,good try the world loves a trier .

Cheers for the suggestions. Already in the works. Got a few belters that fit your description perfectly ?

Loved the video montage but that song is utter gash IMO.

We are very fortunate at our club that we have dozens of songs about our club, the players, our culture and heritage, and I really dont think there is a need for new songs. The UB have tried to introduce some new songs and I cringe when I hear them.

Like Compo says though, to have a chance with a football song it has to be basic, upbeat, simple. Ballads like yours have absolutely no chance of making it into fans hymnbooks for matches, on buses or in clubs.

You obviously have a passion for your music and the montage alone must have taken you hours to edit, so I take my hat off to you for the effort!

As a committed contrarian I’m honour bound to take a different stance. I really like the song. The others are right about simple, catchy numbers but surely there’s room for something with more substance too. There’s a difference between songs and chants. 

There has been a dire lack of new club songs in recent years so well done for doing something about it. 

Edited by Bill

28 minutes ago, Bill said:

As a committed contrarian I’m honour bound to take a different stance. I really like the song. The others are right about simple, catchy numbers but surely there’s room for something with more substance too. There’s a difference between songs and chants. 

There has been a dire lack of new club songs in recent years so well done for doing something about it. 

That is the thing about music almost everybody's taste is different. If we all had the same taste life would be boring. I also don't think you can judge a song listening to it once or twice. Sometimes a song will grow on you. That is why radio DJ's earn a fortune giving certain songs playtime. I think there will be people out there that really like the song and it is not bad but I find it a bit of the same of the same all the way through. It may grow on me though I will give it a chance.