[FT] Celtic 4 - 0 Rangers (McCrorie Sent Off)

Just now, Rousseau said:

Oh yes we are! :D 

Come back to me when you've cooled down and had time to reflect.

I'm not saying we're good, merely that this team is better than what they've shown today; the last Old Firm game was a better performance. Is it ultimately good enough? No. 

I'm perfectly calm mate honestly at 2-0 down in the first half I knew the game was gone, with this team, for me it was only a matter of how many they would get. I didn't expect 2 pens 5 yellows and a red during that as we were no where near them or the game to merit what looks on paper like a tousey game. It wasn't it was a walk over from start to finish for them.

I've seen some poor Rangers teams in my time but they all had more than this team and yeah we were close to them for periods in the game at Ibrox but that was it they also had a player sent off and still won the game. This Rangers team hasn't got the head to win against them. Put aside the tactics of a youth coach for a second the players need to know how to win games like this and they simply don't have it they are weak!

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

Oh yes we are! :D 

Come back to me when you've cooled down and had time to reflect.

I'm not saying we're good, merely that this team is better than what they've shown today; the last Old Firm game was a better performance. Is it ultimately good enough? No. 

We went out on to the park at Ibrox that day with belief that we could win the game,....however when it came to the crux, we shrank and basically bottled it (or at least to a degree).

Today, we were scared from the get-go.

Perhaps it had been drummed into them not to give anything away, hang back and not press to high but if so, we weren't remotely capable of carrying out that plan out and resembled a poor school team with so many unforced errors, it was hardly believable.

1 minute ago, Big Jaws said:

I'm perfectly calm mate honestly at 2-0 down in the first half I knew the game was gone, with this team, for me it was only a matter of how many they would get. I didn't expect 2 pens 5 yellows and a red during that as we were no where near them or the game to merit what looks on paper like a tousey game. It wasn't it was a walk over from start to finish for them.

I've seen some poor Rangers teams in my time but they all had more than this team and yeah we were close to them for periods in the game at Ibrox but that was it they also had a player sent off and still won the game. This Rangers team hasn't got the head to win against them. Put aside the tactics of a youth coach for a second the players need to know how to win games like this and they simply don't have it they are weak!

I agree with that.

It was lost at 2-0 for me too.

Brutal.

Just now, ian1964 said:

Right now I am really considering not renewing my ST, the only time I did that was when we didn't renew to force the SP1VS out

You might see counter-measures taken by the board this week to try and push back against those with a similar thouight.

When a team takes the park so obviously afraid of the ball as we did today it shows two things, they're not the right players and they lack the right leadership from the management team.

At least today should quell the sort of false optimism we're so prone to as a support. 

1 minute ago, buster. said:

You might see counter-measures taken by the board this week to try and push back against those with a similar thouight.

Is that pure guess work or do you know something?

Lee McCulloch

·
7m

There’s been an acceptance of mediocre performances for far too long now! No passion, fight, desire or aggression on or off the pitch. No leaders and no answers for the fans who turn up week in week out and sing their hearts out. Unacceptable!