David Bates has signed with Hamburg

1 hour ago, Little General said:

Good Luck to him.

personally I was never convinced by him.

Physically he can compete well however,he's awkward and not comfortable with the ball at his feet.

I'm 63. I was good once. Right now I'm not too comfortable with the ball at my feet. Some miracle worker might arrive and coach me back to former skills. I doubt it though.

In my opinion, if you don't have the skills at the age that boy is, you'll never have them.

I've seen far better than him leave and shed no tears in him going to Hamburg. If the desire isn't there he can make his own choice.

On 13 April 2018 at 21:16, MacK1950 said:

Bates was a work in progress and may or mat not have improved.It is irrelevant now so we must move on.

I agree sums still being paid to Caxhino's flops is annoying but a contract is what it is.

What worries me more is the comment of Windass being back in training and him starting v mhanks,a man down right away.

Windass is our second top scorer

11 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Cardoso really is worse than Bates.

Watch either of them play recently?

After having his nose pulped, he did play 1 min against Aberdeen on January 24th, and after that was thrown in at the deep end against the Scum, after not having played a competitive game in 8 or more weeks. Yes, and he conceded a goal against a 4.5m-rated PSG-trained chap too. No shit. Before that, he was out for the best part of 3 months.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fabio-cardoso/leistungsdaten/spieler/155025

1 minute ago, der Berliner said:

After having his nose pulped, he did play 1 min against Aberdeen on January 24th, and after that was thrown in at the deep end against the Scum, after not having played a competitive game in 8 or more weeks. Yes, and he conceded a goal against a 4.5m-rated PSG-trained chap too. No shit. Before that, he was out for the best part of 3 months.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fabio-cardoso/leistungsdaten/spieler/155025

Happy to see you agree that Cardoso really is worse than Bates.

Just now, RANGERRAB said:

Windass is our second top scorer

And he is a useful tool, if used correctly and if he applies himself to the best of his abilities. He vanished after he scored against the Yahoos ... and we can't accept that, especially against the Scum. As I said above, no problem to have him on the bench and use him during the later stages for counter attacks.