New manager rumours

The reaction and attitude shown by Halliday and Candeias when they were substituted spoke volumes for the lack of respect towards Graeme Murty. I can't imagine players having done that to Walter Smith and survived unscathed. It suggests an immediate change is necessary and it's hard to imagine Jimmy Nicol would do a worse job of preparing the team until a new manager is found.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

FFS it's bad enough without bring up that awful bloody day. xD I've never quite got over it.

I feigned a bad turn and the brother got me out just before half time .

7 hours ago, Bluedell said:

There were numerous applicants for our job, and I'd guess that many would be more tactically astute than Murty.

Why didn’t we offer any of them the job then? The only ones I recall who publicly said they were interested were Billy Davies and Big Eck. Neither had much clamour for their appointment on here, as I recall..

33 minutes ago, 917 said:

Why didn’t we offer any of them the job then? The only ones I recall who publicly said they were interested were Billy Davies and Big Eck. Neither had much clamour for their appointment on here, as I recall..

I was referring to when we appointed Pedro. It could be assumed that there would be a similar number of potential candidates if we advertised the job now.

18 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

It could be assumed that there would be a similar number of potential candidates if we advertised the job now.

What like on S1 jobs or some other job site? 

Of course I'm joking but the point is pertinent. That's NOT how its done at Rangers or Celtic or even the top 8 EPL sides or indeed any other top 2-4 European clubs in their own domestic leagues. Its the type of thing that's done in lower leagues not at top clubs.

Quite frankly lets have no more of this company HR admin shite. The board need to decide from a short list of potential candidates who they think is best suited to the Rangers managers job, not without the football people at the clubs involvement, and then go and get that person. You never know who might be up for the job until you ask them in football and no manager worth their salt is going to sit through some application process like a desk clerk for feck sake.

Edited by Big Jaws