Post split fixtures confirmed

26 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Should we manage to beat them on Sunday, I would actually not be averse to drawing against Hearts at home and ruin their day at their feeder club's midden.

The way our home form is this season if we tried to draw deliberately we’d probably mess it up and end up winning 2-0.

I prefer to look at it this way....

Beat them in the semi

League matches....

We beat Hearts, they lose to Hibs, down to 10 points

We beat them, down to 7 points

We beat Killie, they draw, down to 5 points

We beat Aberdeen, they draw, down to 3 points

We beat Hibs, they lose, we win league on goal difference.

Beat Well in cup final and land a wee double.

Job done. :champs::champs: 

The only game Celtic need to win is at home to us. Are they really going to overexert themselves against Hibs and Aberdeen knowing the advantage they would give them against us if they slipped up? Especially at a time of the season when youth players are often given a run out.

Murty really needs to make the quality in the squad count now.

12 minutes ago, DMAA said:

This run in will tell us a lot about what this team (and manager) are made of.

With the danger of finishing a humiliating 4th I'm not sure I can watch from here :facepalm:

Hearts at Ibrox gives us a decent opportunity to start with 3 points but the next game at Parkhead has the potential of  producing negative momentum, press openly disregarding Murty, some players throwing in the towel as they think of the summer and different clubs, etc., etc.

When you look at it, the more important it becomes to get a result this weekend in the semi-final.

I think that is what we really need to keep everybody concentrated and positive.

1 hour ago, onevision said:

I prefer to look at it this way....

Beat them in the semi

League matches....

We beat Hearts, they lose to Hibs, down to 10 points

We beat them, down to 7 points

We beat Killie, they draw, down to 5 points

We beat Aberdeen, they draw, down to 3 points

We beat Hibs, they lose, we win league on goal difference.

Beat Well in cup final and land a wee double.

Job done. :champs::champs: 

What an end to the season that would be!! :P

We are forgetting they also have to play each other. I do expect Celtic to do Hibs a favour though. If Celtic do win and we beat Hearts then I think Hibs will be out of the running as we have a far better goal difference and that would mean we would need to drop points in 3 games with Hibs winning everything.

Kilmarnock Football Club wishes to express its disappointment following the publication of the Scottish Premiership post-split fixtures.

As has already been alluded to there is always the possibility of an imbalance of home and away fixtures. This year we see a relative balance being struck with the reallocation of additional home matches to another team in the league, which ultimately results in Kilmarnock FC facing three trips to Ibrox with Rangers having made only one trip to Rugby Park.

While we share the frustration of our supporters at this outcome, we hope you will continue to provide the magnificent backing you have shown to our team over the course of the season.

The connection between the club and supporters has been a critical factor to our upturn in fortunes. While an additional visit by Rangers would naturally provide a boost in terms of income, the passion, ambition and focus of everyone at the club remains on continuing to grow our home crowds.

Your strong vocal backing of the team has seen Rugby Park rocking and made our home a place our opponents respect once again.

We are focused on finishing the campaign as strongly as possible and ask that our fans back us in numbers both home and away in our remaining matches of this fantastic season and we look forward to the forthcoming launch of our season ticket campaign for the 2018/19 season over the next few weeks.

Together, We Are Stronger.

http://www.kilmarnockfc.co.uk/Article?id=7061