Post split fixtures confirmed

15 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Didn't do us any favours did they. If the home venue of our 3 away ties had been switched to Ibrox the usual suspects would be screaming fix.  

Our away record is far superior to our home record this season.  3 away ties IS doing us a favour based on this season's results and performances both home and away.

I guess some will see whatever they want to see..... but we have been awful at home this year so giving us Hearts and Killie at home is doing us a favour by all accounts.

3 minutes ago, craig said:

Our away record is far superior to our home record this season.  3 away ties IS doing us a favour based on this season's results and performances both home and away.

I guess some will see whatever they want to see..... but we have been awful at home this year so giving us Hearts and Killie at home is doing us a favour by all accounts.

I doubt you will be hearing any complaints from the sheep or hubz about it. In fact Lennon had already been whining about expecting to play us at Ibrox.  He got what he wanted.

10 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I doubt you will be hearing any complaints from the sheep or hubz about it. In fact Lennon had already been whining about expecting to play us at Ibrox.  He got what he wanted.

And ?  Doesn't mean that they didn't do us any favours.  You can complain all you like, just like Lennon did... but the stark reality, just like his, is that his team's form against us this season was better at Ibrox, just as ours has been better away from Ibrox.

We have been better away from home, both in results and performances, including the teams we actually visit again.... but you believe that we are being shafted....  Hmmmmmm

All that said.... this is as close as the SFA could have come to granting Rodgers his wish of securing the title against us.  And make it look like they haven't.

They have given us arguably the easiest game of the split at home in the 1st game post split

They have given Celtic arguably their hardest game of the split (aside from us) away from home in the 1st game post split.

You can almost see them now going "Oh, Brendan wants to win the league against Rangers.  How can we give him his wish without making it obvious.  I know, give Rangers the easiest game possible at home in the 1st game and then give Celtic the toughest game you can aside from Rangers away from home.  Then give Celtic Rangers at Parkhead in the next game."

I just hope Celtic don't slip up against Hibs.  The thought of them winning the league against us doesn't bare thinking about.  They will win the league anyway so I would rather it is won 1st game post split.

We'd better hit one of our decent patches for what on the face of it, is five challenging games.

We could still end up being a relatively comfortable second or end up in 4th place.

At least last weekend saw us back in pole position for second spot.