Club1872 statement on media and politicians

• Frankie changed the title to Club1872 statement on media and politicians

Well done Club 1872!  I'm delighted with this statement and just hope they follow through too because I doubt we will receive a satisfactory response the first time around.  It's things like this that will build up some confidence and respect from the wider support in Club 1872.  ?? 

I concur with my fellow bears congrats towards C1872 in this instance for taking this up on behalf of the support and the toothless PR department at the club.

Like others have mentioned, this cannot be a one-off shot across the bow (perhaps cynically in the middle of fund-raising for the upcoming share issue), but must be followed up if/when no meaningful response is received from all parties, including our own club.

Unfortunately to do this properly C1872 will need to have a team of full time employees scouring print and social media day and night, which is obviously not its remit, so the club, and the fans in general, need to be more co-ordinated and organised to cover, record, report and get retractions/apologies/sackings where offenders have crossed the line. Dont know who takes the lead and how, but it has been long overdue.

If C1872 are leading the way on this, they become so much more attractive to potentially investing bears.

Yet we have fans telling everyone not to buy/click on articles! how else would monitor/see any lies printed in their scummy media? why does our club, players & management continue to give interviews in the Scottish gutter press?.

Edited by ian1964

Were the comments not made on Twitter?  Bearger, Darther and BarrheadBoy could keep us all up to date with what the Nationalist politicians are saying about us?

I have no idea why our club give interviews to the rags.  I would stop that immediately and if I were Dave King, I'd tell all Bears to stop buying them. 

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Were the comments not made on Twitter?  Bearger, Darther and BarrheadBoy could keep us all up to date with what the Nationalist politicians are saying about us?

I have no idea why our club give interviews to the rags.  I would stop that immediately and if I were Dave King, I'd tell all Bears to stop buying them. 

I have no idea what comments were made or who made them. Posted Club1872 statement for information to others, thought that was one of the purposes of a forum.

15 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'm pretty sure C1872 are referring to Dornan and another politician. 

Aye Dornan likes to get involved no doubt. Was it a twitter comment? He’s doing well no friends at Ibrox and hated at Parkhead by the GB etc.