Glenn Middleton is using his Norwich rejection as motivation

KEEP MOVING

Rangers starlet Glenn Middleton using Norwich rejection as motivation to break into Ibrox first team

Graeme Murty signed the Scotland Under-19 international on Deadline Day and predicted that the Rangers supporters will one day sing his name.

Rangers star Glenn Middleton admits he’s using his Norwich City rejection as motivation and is desperate to break into the first team at Ibrox.

The Scotland Under 19s midfielder was a deadline day signing by long-term admirer Graeme Murty, who immediately predicted the Rangers fans will one day be singing Middleton’s name.

Middleton – who is set to line up for Scotland Under 19s in their UEFA Elite Round qualifier in Germany against Holland – admits he was stunned when the English Championship club told him he wasn’t wanted any longer at Carrow Road.

But he believes that will be a blessing in disguise as he tried to push into his Murty’s side.

Middleton said: “Norwich didn’t really fancy me anymore. It was just one of those things that happen in football.

“So it’s up to me to try and prove myself, especially with Rangers being my boyhood club. “It’s just football at the end of the day. Things change at clubs and you can’t let these things affect you. I just have to go again and I am loving life at Rangers at the moment.

“Every young boy sets themselves a target to get that appearance in the first team and I’m no different. I would love to be given that chance.“It’s nice to hear what the manager said about me when I signed. I have been a Rangers fan all my life and all my family are, so to hear that was great.

“That would be a dream come true – maybe one day!“I’ve trained with the first time before and hopefully I can do it again when I get back.“It’s been hectic with us going away and Rangers having games too, so hopefully I can start showing what I can do.

“All the boys have been brilliant with me. Peter Lovenkrands has been a really big help to me.“It’s going really well for me just now. It obviously takes a bit of time, but I have loved it from the minute I got to Rangers and hopefully I can push on.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2406889/rangers-glenn-middleton-norwich-first-team/