Niko has left the building.

" RANGERS can today confirm Niko Kranjcar’s contract has been terminated by mutual agreement.

Kranjcar joined Rangers in the summer of 2016 from New York Cosmos, and has made 26 appearances while scoring three goals in the process.

The former Croatia, Tottenham and Portsmouth midfielder leaves Ibrox with the best wishes of everyone associated with the club, and also their gratitude for his services.

Niko said: “Myself and Rangers Football Club have come to a mutual agreement to terminate our common contract.

“It’s been an honour to have been part of such a big club and to have played for such great fans, it will always remain an honour for me.

“I wish the club success in its future while I now consider the options I have on the table.”

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/niko-kranjcar/

1 hour ago, Dryhorse said:

Great frees up some cash for quality bosman in the summer 

I'm not sure that we're any better off than we were before. His contract finished in the summer anyway and we've probably had to pay most of it off, or else what was his incentive to leave?

24 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I'm not sure that we're any better off than we were before. His contract finished in the summer anyway and we've probably had to pay most of it off, or else what was his incentive to leave?

Better to get as much of the wage back as possible.

Also, if a player doesn't have a chance of playing then his attitude could cause problems.  Best to get him out of the club as soon as possible.

Never managed to regain any kind of fitness and to cap it all off took a bad injury which effectively ended his involvement after that his contributions were limited. I thank him for his services and wish him good luck in the rest of his career if he has one.

It is sad that we did not get him sooner,but it was a joy to watch him at times with his range of passes although some of his team mates did not have the savvy in how to work with him.

He goes with my best wishes and hopefully he might find a level to play at to see out his career.